Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Monday, May 17, 2004


Last Sat. nite the 5 of us went out to dinner at the Fernwood & we had delicious dinners.  Lar & Dale had steak & shrimp shish kabobs, Kim had a stead salad with sweet pot. fries, Barb had a shrimp dish & I had a 5 oz loin steak.  It was excellent & the salads were good.  Then Kim went to Sheffield to be a chaperon from 9 to midnight at the prom.

Barb saw the Dr today -- all the test show that she is healthy & the cancer hasn't spread. They also want to operate on the fibroids & she agrees to that.  But she wants to put off the breast surgery even to all the Dr. involved say she should have it done now.  She has to see her gynecologist tomorrow concerning the fibroids   The medication she took to stop the hemorrhaging can cause cancer.  Deppo vera or something like that.

Don't remember if I wrote this.  I was amazed at the cost of housing in Middleton.  I read the newspaper you sent from cover to cover.  Your house would at least double in cost today, wouldn't it.

Gen called again Sun. nite.  Millie called Sat. nite as Gen had called her & told her about Barb.  They are concerned about Barbara.

Barb wants to go to Jamestown on Fri. & I'm always game to go.

We got flowers last Fri. & Barb planted a pot by the house & the garage.  Pansies and petunias by the house.  Added dwarf dahlias by the garage.  They are such a pretty flower. Did you get all your planting done?

Yesterday's Mets vs. Houston game was so exciting in the 9th inning with 2 outs.  Piazza hit a homerun & tied the score & kept Clemens from his 8th straight victory & Phillips won it with a homerun in the 13th.  You know all this but I's fun re relive the excitement.  What a game!

Tues the 18th

This aft. I got a perm so I have curl again.  I made pecan bars, a new recipe similar to pecan pie & they are good.  I bro't a sample for Sheila & Sue & they liked them.

Next Wed. Barb will have the fibroid tumors removed.  It might mean a hysterectomy but that doesn't bother Barb.  If it is the latter she would be in the hospital for 2 days.

I got home about 2:30 pm & after a cup of coffee I started dinner rolls, got supper & the kitchen cleaned up.  The reason I didn't wait until tomorrow A.M. is I have to wash the kitchen floor & change my sheets.  That is enough to do with the little things that have to get done.  And I don't push myself too hard.

I'm watching baseball again.  Atlanta & Houston  While I watch baseball, I've been going thru my recipe books again looking for ideas.  NO matter now many times I go thru them, I always seem to find something that interests me.  One is a carrot bread that I'll try to Dale's A.M. snack at work.  Also some dinner recipes but many need the oven. I'm looking for hot weather recipes.  Not that we've had a lot of hot weather yet.

Fri the 21st A.M.

I'm all ready for my hair appt.  Th is is Dale's early week so I have an hr. to spare   Barb isn't up yet.

We had a nice dinner last nite & I gave Lar & Kim their anniversary card.  They are always busy over the weekend.  They're having a group over Sat nite at the camp.  Kim left to mow at camp.

We had a big thunderstorm early this A.M.  Lots of noise & rain.  Electricity went out for a bit & that screwed up the clocks.  But when I heard the birds start to sing, I knew it was time to get up.

I hope we can to go Jamestown.  The shirt I got Dale at Sears is exactly like one he has & I ant to return it.  I got a skirt & need a smaller size.  That from Bon Ton.  We'll also go to Walmart.  Barb gets cranberry juice cheaper there .  She likes it for smoothies.  I like to look around.  We find our puzzles there among other things.

Hope you had a nice anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment