Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tuesday, May 4, 2004


Just walked to 5th to mail a letter for Dale.  I saw the letter & it gave me a reason to walk a bit.

Barb was to go on the 20th for kemo but when Dr. in Bradford heard that he said "No, she can't wait that long, so it will be 1:30 on Thurs this week.  He must really be concerned about the lump.

Fri. nite Lar & Dale moved furniture.  I'm in Barb's old room & she is in mine.  All her "stuff" fit in, & the lighter wood looks so good in that room.  Yesterday I finally got my personal stuff out of the closets -- still using shelves for blanket, etc. for storage.  She cleared out the closet in the little room so I have that.  My bed was covered & I went thru things & have 2 big bags to add to the pile already to g.  Some things were too big, others too old & should have gone long ago.  Maybe by fall there will be more.  Next will be Dale to clean out his closet. He said he has pants in there from his school days.  He likes to keep things like the rest of us.  Changing rooms has made such a difference for Barb.  The basketball & Barb just don't mix.  It's like red to a bull!!

Bert is a worry wart.  Barb said to me, you never worry.  Some things may concern me, but what's the use of worrying. It just upsets a person & can make them sick.

I'm glad the library Open House was so successful.  It must be even more interesting to work there now.

Barb & I each got Lar a gift certificate from Howe's True Value.  He shops there  lot & can get what he wants for his birthday.  It doesn't seem possible May is here already.  Soon you'll be making plans for you July party.

Guess my rest period is up so more late.

Wed the 5th 4 pm

I really was busy this aft & it feels good to sit.  Before lunch I made pie crust & set dinner rolls.  After lunch I started supper -- beef cubes -- then rolled out a pie crust, formed my roils  Oh yes I also made sugar cookies & put the dough in the fridge. Then I started baking, pie crust for a banana cream pie for Thus; the rolls & cookies.  By 4, all was cleaned up & put away.  So I really accomplished something today.  The reason I made sugar cookies is Viola Seaquist is home from the nursing home  & seeing I'm so close I feel like I should visit her. And I wan t to bring cookies.  If I get ambitious I might even make rolls.  Brian will enjoy them as I'm sure Viola isn't able to do much. I know they enjoyed the cookies & rolls at Christmas.  I'll see her on Fri. the 7th.  Set danish for her.

Thurs.  Barb saw the Dr. today & fist she has to have a battery of tests.  Starting next Wed the 12th  Fri A.M. she has to be there at 7:30 for tests.  They took blood today.  Barb's spirits are good.

More next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment