Sunday, April 7, 2013

Monday, March 8, 2004


I got a perm this aft at 1 pm so I want to get my work done.  One load is soon finished & 2 to go.  And the bathroom but Barb must get up first.  Tied up papers, cleaned the basement toilet & put out glass jars to be taken.  Now I'll sit & start a letter.

We had a trace of snow overnite.  We were so lucky that the snow melted slowly so no floods.  Buffalo was afraid of floods due to the ice breaking up.  The TV showed a lot of ice jams.

I'm so glad I had the flu shot.  No even a cold so far, knock on wood!  Lar said he'll get one next fall as he always seems to get sick for a few days each winter   Am I repeating myself...did I write that already.  Barb should soon be up as she has to get a shot at 9 A.M. About her fibroids so she won't bleed so much.  Change of life should be stetting int.  Kim said she is getting hot spells, esp. during the nite.  I don't know why I was so lucky -- childbirth was a snap & change of life never affected me.  Just good Swede genes I guess! Too bad it doesn't work for getting up during the nite.  I cut my coffee drinking at nite.   no coffee after 4 pm.  I have to have it for breakfast to start the day.


Later:

I'm home now & I like my perm a lot.  I'm watching spring baseball -- Seattle vs. Anaheim & I think Anaheim has possibilities to win.

Had a letter from Carolyn -- she was surprised to hear from me on her birthday.  She is busy with music for Easter.  Several churches choral festival together.  Said Paul was teaching music, grade 1-5 in Blaine, Mn & likes it.  He has a girlfriend -- a senior at Hamline U. with major in Flue & political science.  She was glad to hear from me & would like me to write again.  Darla said that as well & after a couple of letters gave up writing.  Maybe I'll write & if Carolyn answers I'll write as it is nicer to hear from her.  When they were practicing the music Carolyn stated to direct & the chorus responded with "Happy Birthday to You".  She said my card came before Roland's & son Paul's.

After supper the Buff. news said U.B. students are excited over their U.B. basketball team making the playoff.  They play N. Ill. in Buff tonite.  UB's teams aren't that good, but even theier footall team won a few games last fall.

Tues. nite.  Barb's perm looks nice.

The news tonite said U.B. beat N. Ill. & on Thurs they play in Cleveland.  They are really excited.

Dale had a dental appt. today at 4 pm.  He usually goes for a check up at 8 AM.  I told him he might have to wait at this hour.  He didn't.  Was home by 5 pm.  He lost part of a filling.  I always have to wait when I see Dr. Walters.

The elevator is a work of art.  It is beautiful.  I'm anxious to hear how people like it.  Thanks for the pictures -- everything looks so nice. Are you more relaxed now that it is finished.

Even tho you & JoAnna are busy people, you always manage to do things for your sons. Going to games & making jambalaya for Eddie's class.  That is great.  The parents must be pretty interested in their child's activities with the parties they have after a game & the parents helping out at the refreshment stand.  I'm sure it means a lot to the son or daughter.

The salesperson who waited on you when you were buying furniture -- asking all the questions to find out what you needed. Furniture sounds interesting.

Your new neighbors are interesting.  They've Americanized their names.  I'm sure the wife will learn more English seeing the son is in school.  What is his job & is that why they moved to Middleton.

Warren Hi had another bomb scare & they caught 2 girls who did it.  Kim said the 2 girls who were responsible for a bomb scare in Sheffield were back in school  -- don't recall how many days they had to be out -- & Kim &^ others didn't think they should be allowed back.  They have to follow thru on punishment so they know they mean business.


Wed.  Tonite Barb asked Larry how come he didn't grow a beard this winter.  He answered "Because there were too many gray hairs!"

We've been watching on Wed. nites Psychic Detectives on Court TV.  Very interesting.  A new program.

Thurs.  Barb wants to go to Jamestown tomorrow but I'm not sure if I want to go.  Barb plans to go regardless.

All is well here.



No comments:

Post a Comment