Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tuesday, May 11, 2004


Thank for the news article on the library open house & the picture of my handsome grandson, Andy.  What a heartbreaker -- I'm sure the girls think he's cool!  Same for Eddie when he is 16.

And thank you for the lovely fushia -- that doesn't look right but I can't find it in the dictionary, but you know what I mean.  It has double flowers.  Very pretty.  Another one hangs on the front porch & it is from Dale.   A yellow flower like a small petunia.  Barb gave me a plant for inside & one I think I can have for awhile as it doesn't take much water so I won't over water. Larry dug up the roses opposite the back door & planted 3 rose bushes that have blooms you can cut & they'll keep awhile in a vase.  We went to camp for supper Sun. nite.  We were on the deck & the weather was perfect.  We'd had storms so the creek was really running.  It was a nice time.  And thanks for the cards.  I'm a lucky mom!

Had my mammogram & the gals said "See you next year."  I don't think so.  Dr. Fino said I should have one, & so did Dr. McNett but I never followed thru.  Dr. Clifford gave me info & I tho't I'd better do it before my May appt.  Just made it.

This is Dale's late Tues.  He worked til 5:30 & then went to take a 3 hr. test to keep his accreditation.  Every few years they must take it.

The School  Board is having problems but ti has awakened a group in Warren to fight this. They don't want a tax hike; or a high school in Tidioute; & they want the new school finished for a grade school & not a middle school.  More fun.

I won't get my hair done this Fri.  Barb has to take 2 tests.

Gen called the other night.  She sounded good.  She wondered about Barb.  Don't think I mentioned this -- but I had a note from Ruth with Mim writing it for her.  Carole's daughter had a 2nd son & Mim & Tom were going to Alaska for 5 days.

Had a nice visit with Viola but her house was so warm I started coughing & my eyes teared.  Didn't stay long so I managed.

We'll celebrate Lar's birthday on Thurs.  Sun. we had steaks so it wasn't time for steaks so soon, & we have a lot of chicken & pork so it was decided to have hamburgers & pot. salad. The menus for birthdays it seems.  I'll make a carrot cake, Lar's favorite.  Sat nite we all are going out to eat at the Fernwood a little past the bridge going toward Clarendon.  On the left.

May 12

Yesterday Warren H. called & said he had a dentist appt. today & did I want to go to lunch. Naturally I said yes.  We ate at the Plaza.  I like it there & the food is good.  They had been in Cancun for a week & enjoyed it.  Another couple went with them.  Lots of good food & drinks.  Warm ocean water.  Sounds nice.  Anna had gained weight & the Dr. wasn't happy.

In my present bedroom the fan isn't noisy so I had it on low during the night.  It is warm for May.

I'm watching baseball in ESPN2 -- Braves at St. Louis & in the 4 inning St. L. leads 3-0. They lost last night.  Am I happy.  YES!!  How is Andy feeling these days when the Braves aren't much better than the Mets!

Today I showed Warren & Anna the info you sent me on the library work. They were impressed.  Warren asked if you got complaints on certain books people don't approve of.  I didn't know & said I'd ask.  Anna's cousin is a librarian in the Boston area & she has received complaints at times.  Against a certain book, etc.  I said you are in a more liberal area -- so close to Madison & the University.

Thurs, May 13

Larry is still mowing the lawn where Mr. Crossest used to live.  A couple from the Phila. area & want to move back to Warren.  He is a Boger, father Dr. Boger, a dentist.  They have to find jobs here so the house is empty & they asked Lar to continue the lawn work & trim.

After Mrs. Morelli died, they sold the house.  The wife tho't it was too small so they added on the empty lot on Redwood.  Lar was asked to submit a bid for yard work.  He starts soon. The bid was $5,000.00 & he got a down payment of $2,000.00 to buy shrubbery, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment