Thursday, April 11, 2013

Saturday, March 20, 2004


Started another 1000 pc. puzzle.  Barb helped me finish the last one.

When you wrote about sports, you mentioned darts & softball.  You forgot one -- lifting the mug to your mouth!  Ha!Ha!  Those were your bachelor days.  You mended your ways after you met JoAnna.  Right?

It must be fun to live in an area where there are so many places to shop & to have a meal.

Wed & Thurs next week, the 24th and 25th, I think, Dale goes to Rochester for school.  Will leave Wed. A.M. at 5:30, stay overnite & be home Thurs. nite.  Next Wed. is the last time for Kim & Lar to come on Wed.  Soccer will be over.  Torey will be surprised & puzzled when Dale is gone.  Dale always feeds him "Beggin' Strips".

Sun. Mar 21.

Fran Decker hasn't been in church for several Sun.  I thought maybe she was in Fla.  I found out that she fell shoveling snow & broke her hip.  Nothing was in the bulletin or newsletter.  I was surprised & I've missed the Tues. A.M. Bible studies where I would have found out.  I have a card ready to mail & also one for Viola S. who is at Warren Manor.

Spring has arrived but you wouldn't know it.  Snow flurries & cold temps.  I'm ready for lighter clothing & being able to wear short sleeves.

Wisc. is playing Pitts -- just 1st period Pitts. is ahead but it is close.  I'll keep checking (now tied.  Go Wisc!)

I ordered pizza for supper & it should be here any minute.

Tues. March 23

Last nite I called Millie & she loves her move.  There is something going every evening.  She needed a Dr. & Linda went on the internet & found a Dr. in the area who would take new patients.  Millie got an appt for early June.  She found a shop to get her hair done each Fri. On Thurs. a company comes & they can order groceries, etc. to be delivered.  I'm glad she is happy.

Dale doesn't go to school until Thurs & Fri. so he will be home so Torey will be happy.  We sit around the table & talk & I know Dale enjoys that.

I finally got to go to the Tues A.M. Bible Study.  I didn't know what to bring so I made a rice pudding & 2 others had the same idea.  I like it so it will get eaten.  It doesn't interest Barb & Dale.  We still had a good variety of food, but no coffee.  There was no coffee in the cupboard so we just had water.  No one missed the coffee.

When I got home I made dinner rolls & cleaned up.  Then started supper & now I'm sitting in my chair, enjoying TV.  Tues. nite V has good detective stories on the Learning Channel & Court TV.  Forensic Files, etc.

Do you remember Bud Carlson, Harriet Carlson Johnson's twin brother.  He died in Fla. They've lived there for many years.  He fell & broke several bones in his back & the trauma was too great.  Doug is your age & Tom is Lar's age.  Doug is in Fla. & Tom is in the area. Before Dad retired, he married Tom & his wife.

Don't think I mentioned St. Paul has new green & blue paraments.  The green will be used, I think, for Pentecost season & the blue for Advent & Christmas.  I like the blue color.  I should know my church calendar!  I know we're in the Lenten Season & Palm Sun. & Easter are soon here.  8 days & it will be April.

Thurs. nite

Lar & Kim were 15 min. late tonite.  Kim's brother Paul is in jail for 6 mo.  He got in trouble with the law trying to protect his cousin who drinks & uses dope.  Paul is no angel & Kim thinks this might help him.  He called at 6 pm & can talk for 15 min. after reversing the charges.  It's sad for Kim but she will get thru it.  She feels the responsibility for her brother. He has been married twice & divorced both times.  He has another girl friend & Kim has spoken to her on the phone.  We'll see if she (girlfriend) will see him thru this experience. Some need to learn the hard way & we stand by them, whatever.

We had pork loin tonite & I made a chocolate cake for dessert.  Wanted something different. Also set danish today -- don't like to let them get too low as I enjoy one with coffee & I use them for shacks one week for Dale.

Thurs. 3/25

Dale was up at 4:30 A.M. & left at 5:35 for Rochester for 2 days of school.  I was up at 5 A.M.  After he left I made my rolls & got them iced.  Had my shower, got dressed & stripped my bed & started a load of wash.  9 A.M. I had my hair done, 1 day early as Sheila, her husband & 2 other couples are going to Atlantic City for the weekend.  When I got home, I put the sheets in the dryer, started another load.  Made my bed up clean & looked over the paper again.  After lunch I did a little ironing.  Then it was free time for me.  Had a brief nap & now I'm watching golf on ESPN.   Player's Tour & both Tiger & Davis Love are off to a bad start.  I like to watch this course, it has some interesting greens.

Dale was suppose to go on Wed & Thurs  but it was changed to Thurs & Fri.  He went alone so I didn't have to prepare a lunch.  He has more money to spend seeing he isn't married.

Tomorrow we plan to go to Jamestown.  First Barb will work at Bert's -- we'll leave at 11 A.M. & have to be back by 3 pm as Barb picks Scott up after school & helps him with his homework.

Barb took her bike in for a checkup -- she hopes to start riding again.

When you get the Warren paper, you'll see Warren has a lot of plans for the future.  I hope they all come true.  Something needs to happen.

Time for a cup of coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment