Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sunday, March 28, 2004


Yesterday Barb & I went to the library & I got 5 books.  Read Strangers by Rosie Thomas. She is a new author to me & she is British.  T he last time it was taken out was '02 -- it was different but enjoyable.  Was looking for Thomason but could not find any of her books.  Got her name from the Buff. paper.  Others are Back Story by Robt. B. Parker; Violets Are Blue by James Patterson (Kim's friends read his books); Follow the Stars Home by Luanna Rice; & another new author to me; Heather Graham -- A Season of Miracles.  So I'll be reading.

The car sounds really nice, but you didn't mention the color.  You're going to be on the hot seat!!

It has been nice to be able to wear short sleeves again & I hope it continues.  I know it can still be cold but I can dream.

This aft. Dale washed & waxed his "winter car".  He thinks he can get 2 more years out of it & then sell it in New York where it could be good for 10 more years.  You see a lot of old cars in Jamestown as well as news ones.

We went to Jamestown last Fri. & I got a couple of tops & 2 pr. slacks so I'm set for spring. I'm keeping at my present weight.  I needed a smaller size.  It's easier to get my panty hose on now.

On Easter Sun. the Sun. School will have an Easter egg hunt.   They asked for plastic eggs & candy.  I bot candy but forgot to bring it today.  They'll fill them next Sun. after church so I'll have to remember next Sun -- or maybe during the week.  Pastor Beth is surprised at the response of the people.  We are a good bunch!!!

The Mets start the season against the Braves in Atlanta.  I hope they improve on their errors  Less errors, more outs.  Who do you predict to win in each league.  I know it won't be the Mets & I hope it won't be the Yankees.

Mon. Mar. 29

This aft. we got groceries & then to CVS for 2 refills of my meds.  At CVS I saw Mrs. Peterson, Terry's mom & he was Lar's friend at Beaty, & we talked a bit.  I asked about Terry & she said he is an alcoholic, was divorced & lost a son who died & is in bad shape.  We agreed we both love our children no matter what.  She asked if I'd like to see Terry as he was in the car.  I talked awhile -- he didn't recognize me at first.   He looks terrible, long hair pulled back in a pony tail, skin & bones.  He was clean but his condition really hit me.  It's too bad what people do to themselves -- Mike as well.  I almost wish I hadn't seen him.  Mike has gotten fat & needs oxygen.  I asked if Terry was living with her.  He has his own house that Mrs. Peterson & her younger son built for him.

I'm watching Anaheim vs. Chicago.  When I get up Tues A.M.  I could watch the Yankees vs. Tampa Bay in Japan.  They come on at 5 A.M., so I could see the game after a few innings.

Today Barb had a Dr. appt. to examine her breast.  The Dr. thinks the lump is getting larger. She will have to have a mammogram & then will have to have a biopsy.  She'll go to Bradford for that . The Dr. thinks she will need an operation.  It's something you can't put off.

Last Sun. A.M. when I came downstairs  the phone was beeping.  I answered.  It rang Sun. 2:30 A.M. U& none of us heard it.  The ring upstairs is very quiet.  It was a wrong number. Usually they are.  Was glad it didn't wake me.

Dale will be home soon -- his late nite.  He likes to sit awhile before he eats.  It is ready for him to put in the microwave.

Thurs, Apr. 1

Lar, Kim & Torey have left; all is cleaned up & I'm walking Weekend Warriors on A&E.  Jobs around the house done by the owners.

Was suppose to go out for lunch tomorrow but I have a chest cold & cough so I called Ted Benson & told him I couldn't go.  They are going to "Five Forks" out of Marienville & I like going there.  Buffet style & they have a lot of nice dessert.  All good food.

Excuse the light pen -- couldn't find the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment