Thursday, March 6, 2014

Tuesday, March 29, 2006


Barb & I went to the Chinese buffet tonite.  She liked it & of course I do.  Then we went to the Mall & got Dale's birthday present.  He said he'd like another pair of pants, so I got him a pr. of Hagger's slacks in a bark color 34-34.  The Lee's pant fit very good but they just had the lighter color, so I hope these fit just as well.  Also a knit shirt that matched in a stripe. It's not loud so he should like it.  Light tan background with a stripes that matches the pants.  I stopped at Arby's & picked up 2 sandwiches for Sale & I'll fix French fries to go with them. It's his late Tues.

Dale put in P.C. pipe in the kitchen so no more leaking.

I was surprised  you spent every Sun. at Edna's when you were in Spfld.  I don't remember hearing that before.  I'm sure she looked forward to having you there.  Also remember Johnson's Bookstore -- we used to browse there.

Last month I made a white cake & it was really good & didn't get stale.  Now I can't find where I put the recipe.  I've looked & looked & can't find it.  Tried another recipe but it isn't as good.  I'm great at losing recipes!

The crossword puzzle you mentioned -- pot luck offering -- around here it would be rice pudding or Swedish meatballs.


Around here, they are hoping that an Applebee's will come in the new building we're getting -- i.e. Walmart & Lowe's.  You're so lucky to have a Target.  I wish one would come to Jamestown.  There were rumors one was coming but it never worked out.

Thurs a.m. at 11:30 I'm getting a permanent.  Sheila was away -- Las Vegas -- last week so I had to wait until Thurs. for an opening.  They are 5 gals now but one gal only works Wed. & Thurs.

This A.M. I woke up early 5 A.M. & finally got up & went downstairs. By the time Dale left, I felt tired so I slept in the chair for 30 minutes.  Then I got dressed, etc.  I set dinner rolls & made a batch of choc. cookies.  Baked 24 cookies & froze the dough for later baking. It is handy to have it in the freezer, but I must remember to take the dough out of the freeze the nite before I want to bake the next day.


Barb & Dale listen to the Wrrn radio & say they play good oldies & rock that they enjoy. They don't ever play any music older people enjoy.  Barb also said, she read people are watching TV but more of the older series instead of the newer ones.

I have Thur's menu planned but not dessert.  I have to know since I get a perm & that breaks up my day.  It will be so nice to have it trimmed & curled again.

Apr. 3rd there will be baseball games to watch. While watching ESPN, a couple of announcers said they think the Mets have a good chance to be winners.  Wouldn't that be nice -- my fingers are crossed!


Thurs the 30.   Got a perm today & it looks nice.  Glad not to have it hanging on my neck.

Want to finish this & mail it tomorrow when we go to Jamestown.  Got your letter today & I see this is your last nite. I know you've had a great time & I'm sure Andy enjoyed his baseball experience & Eddie enjoyed Disney World.

No comments:

Post a Comment