Thursday, October 31, 2013

Tuesday, July 12, 2005


I thought about you all last week being so busy preparing for your party.  Almost called last Sun. but then decided to wait for the letter.  Didn't know if you'd be napping or taking it easy after a busy week.

Last Sun. Jr. Himes looked so nice in his yellow pants & yellow paid shirt, I had to compliment him after church.  Then he gave me a hug.  I teased him & said the women would be after him.

Betty Casey told me Sandy is working at the Watson Home.  She said when the ladies want something, they want it in a hurry.  Don't have the patience to wait.  Barb finds that with Bert.

Thurs. Dale has to go to Pittsburgh for schooling.  Just one day.  Fri. nite he's going to car racing in Erie with Randy Swanson.  Randy's wife got some free passes & asked if Dale wanted to go.

I made blueberry bread last Sat. for Dale's snack.  He said "it is excellent".  Kim made strawberry bread & gave a loaf to Bert.  Bert loved it & as I still had a box of strawberries left, Barb suggested I make some.  So I did & it is good.  It makes 2 leaves so I froze one.

I told you Dick Hause had a heart attack.  He was back in church last Sun. He was helicoptered to Erie.  He had a shunt put in & feels good.  The dr's in Erie said the Warren Dr. treated him in the right way so I guess our MDs know what to do.

Last Fri. we went to Erie.  Ate lunch at Ruby Tuesday.  Jamestown had rain but it never reached Warren.


Kids are funny -- even grown ones.  When Barb irons, she slams the iron down & it bothers Dale.  He called her on it.  Barb comes to me & tells me of the incident.  She said, "I don't complain when Dale takes so long to vacuum rugs. That's a lot of noise."  I just let them rant & keep my mouth shut.  But they both agree about the neighbor (Carey's former home).  He took down the rhododendrons by the side of the house facing up, leaving the tree that has no lower branches.  He did that last fall & still hasn't done anything more.  Hasn't taken the winter mulch off their roses.  Both can't understand that, but not everyone is as fussy as Barb & Dale.

Barb is fighting the rabbits who want to eat her garden's produce.  They get in under the wire fence the school put up.  She'd placed stones there but they still got in so she's trying something different.

The new Bon Appetit has an interesting banana & blueberry muffin recipe, that I'd like to try.  Copied the recipe to be sure I have it.

I'll watch some of the All Star baseball game.  It starts later so I can't stay up to see the end of it.  Maybe the N.L. can win for a change.

Today when I put clean sheets on my bed, I didn't put the blanket back on.  With our summer heat I just need a sheet so why make the extra work with a blanket.  Anything to make things easier.  Or am I lazy?

It's 8:36 & they still haven't started the ball game.  I don't listen to the announcers -- they talk too much. More fun just to watch the action.

Barb had to go to BiLo's for Bert & she always calls to see if I need anything.  She tried & tried & Lynn also tried to call & no results.  When I mentioned it to Dale, he went upstairs & checked his computer. He was the culprit.  He didn't turn something off.  Telephone restored.


Wed. 8:25 A.M.

I'm sitting on the front porch enjoying a cup of coffee.  When I got up this A.M. it was already 70 so we're in for another hot one.  The grass is turning brown.  No rain.

Barb is still in bed but I got the pots & roses watered.  Today I clean the bathroom & wash a load of towels.  And wash the kitchen floor.  When I hear that Barb is up, I'll start my work.

The N.L. didn't have it last nite.  Told Barb they wouldn't win.  Maybe the best N.L. players weren't there, but the fans pick the ones they want to see.

We'll be watching the men's golf on the British Isles -- Scotland I think.  Jack Nicklaus farewell.  With Michelle Wie playing some golf it is fun to watch the women's tour.  She is something else.  And so beautiful & shapely.  Like a model.  And such poise for one so young.  She'll be a winner.

One of Dale's magazines, Chevy Motor I think, offered tickets to buy in a raffle.  Prize a Corvette.  I think the tickets were about 20.00 or 25.00.  He decided to give it a try & hopes for the best.  Do you think he might be driving a Corvette?  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Did you notice the Boston baseball team sold tickets at $10.00 each & the prize was the World Series ring.  Three were offered.  Worth $15,000.00.  They made close to two million for their charities.  Imagine it wasn't hard to sell those tickets.

Thurs A.M. the 14th

Dale left at 5:30 this AM so I was up early to make him a lunch.  Nothing close by.  I'm resting now & watching golf from St. Andrews course in Scotland.  Why am I resting?  After Dale left, I made potato salad for tonite and blond brownies.  Then I showered, made my bed, got dressed & watered the flowers.  So that's why I'm taking it easy & might even sneak in a little nap.  One thing I'm good at.  Also got the garbage out.

On our way to the Mall.  Fri aft.



No comments:

Post a Comment