Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sunday, June 12, 2005


Last nite I was set at 7:10 p, to watch the Mets vs. LA-A interleague play.  There was a rain delay of about an hour or so.  At 11 pm I went to bed not knowing the outcome.  Was I ever surprised this A.M. when I turned to ESPN2 & saw the Mets won 5-3.  I missed the exciting ending.  But I saw it today when they reviewed it before today's game -- and the Mets lost this aft.

Noticed that Atlanta lost 11-5 so that helped ease the pain.  Pittsburgh also lost in the 13th inning.  I've been watching their games during the week & they are really improving.  and their announcers are more laid back & don't talk all the time so I like them.

We're really had a week of hut humid weather.  We started 9:30 services but it was still warm so I had enough.  When I got home I turned on the A.C. & closed the windows.  It has been very comfortable.  It is suppose to cool off by Wed. -- just in time for me to do something.

I can see you are getting ready for your party working outside so the yard looks nice.  And having the rugs cleaned so the inside looks nice.  It will be a busy several weeks for you folks.

I have to correct myself.  Scott did go to school last Fri.  Lynn said he had to.  Lynn's mother gave Barb a puzzle she got for the lake but it was too hard & they gave up.  It was very hard but Barb finished it.  I know I never could have done it.  Too many similar pieces in shapes & colors.

In politics, Buffalo is really having money problems.  They were audited by the state & if they don't get a workable budget by Tues. the 14th a state control board will take over & have the power to control the money.  They have a high deficit.  They cut taxes but not the spending.  It is a mess & changes will be coming.  They lost their credit rating.  Some say no increase in taxes, others say we must have one to get out of this mess.  I look forward to WGRZ 5 pm news.

Barb told me Scott had the choice of working with a tutor, most likely a teacher, or with Barb.  He chose Barb.  They still have to make a schedule, etc.  Lynn wants to take Scott off his meds this summer but Barb said he'll never be able to be still & attentive if she does.  He can't be without it if you want to accomplish anything.

Mon A.M.

I just called Gen to wish her a happy birthday.  It is hard to have much of a conversation with her.  I always ask about her cat.  She seems to know it was her birthday but not her age.

I wasn't surprised you use butter to fry your breakfast.  I always buy butter when it is on sale & put it in the freezer.  I always have butter in the butter dish & use it for Christmas baking.  Either Land o Lakes, Quality brand & Wegman's brands.  So I use it & olive oil.

This is Dale's early week so I was dressed & put out the glass & pop cans to be collected early.  Then I got Dale's sheets, etc. & had a load going before Dale left.  Now the 3rd load -- towels -- are in the dryer.  Watered my plants on the porch & now I'm taking it easy.

Called Kim to find out when we should celebrate her birthday.  It will be this Thurs.  Asked about the menu & she would like hamburgers & potato salad.  She doesn't eat desserts -- she said:  make something Larry likes.  Ill make carrot cake & she can blow out the candles.  Also tom. lettuce etc. & fruit salad.  It is suppose to cool off so I can bake, as I already mentioned!

Barb wants to go to Jamestown Wed, & she'll get ground meat there.  I'm not sure if I'll go.

We got our groceries & Barb stopped at Bert's to deliver what she wanted.  I saw Kim working outside the carriage house so I walked over for a few moments.  Sat. nite the Hospital Guild had a party at Bets field & Lar & Kim always go with Betsy M. & her husband.  They had a great time.  A large tent, delicious food & dancing.  It's a money maker - -you'll read about it when the Wrrn paper arrives.  Also last Wed-Sat there was a ribs festival downtown Wrrn. & that always brings out a crowd.  Lar & Kim went Wed. nite for ribs.

Holiday Inn has the Sun. A.M. breakfast buffet again so maybe we'll go one Sun.  Kim would have gone with us last year if she'd known.  But it was a spur of the moment thing when you were here.

Barb went to Jamestown this aft & as she was turning onto Rt. 62 coming home, she was stopped for speeding.  She was going 68 M.P.H.  She will have a fine to pay.

We finally got some rain after supper & it cooled things off.  Finally!

Hatch Patch has strawberries & Barb wants a strawberry pie for Thurs.


Wed the 15th -- 2 pm

I surprised myself today.  We awoke to cooler weather so after breakfast I made use of ripe bananas & rolling out & baking a pie shell.  Then I cleaned the bathroom, washed towels, & tho't about lunch.  B.L.T's.  After lunch I looked at the kitchen floor & decided it would look better if I washed it, so I did.  And it looks better.  Now I'm resting & have only supper to think about.

I'm still finding out about my children.  Can't get her first name but Mrs. Jenkins from First Luth. called yesterday.  She visits the nursing home & talked to Rose.  Rose couldn't remember if Barb was still in the Navy.  Mrs. J. said she'd call me & find out.  She asked about you -- she remembers you & Rick Nasman went to their Youth Group, (most likely to see Mary Sandblade) I don't remember hearing that.

Thurs. aft.  Watching the U.S. Open golf.  A hard course.  Got my pot. salad & strawberry pie made this A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment