Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Monday, May 23, 2005


Our pastor is on vacation so the chaplain from the Luth. Home in Kane was with us.  He reminds me of Dad, not in looks, but he is gentle & kind & a good preacher.  He introduced his sermon "How many 4 letters words have you spoken this past week?"  Then he was on to say there are many 4 letter words in the Bible & went on to preach on live & love.  He also used with as we work together in living & loving.  We've always had an experience pastor & you can tell the difference.  She wants to conquer the world but she'll find out with experiences it isn't that easy.  I think many of her introductions to the sermon are too long & personal.  Just my ideas!  Nobody is perfect.

We're expecting a rainy week, not all day but showers.

I was disappointed the Mets didn't win the 3rd game against the Yankees.  Again inexperience led to an error & runs.  The S.S. is only 21 & he is very good but still learning. They say this team blends together much better than earlier teams.   Yesterday Jerry Seinfeld threw out the 1st ball & later he was with the announcers.  He became a Met fan in '69.  He feels the Yankees are the "elite" & the Mets are for "ordinary" fans.  He has a daughter 4 years, a son 2 y ears & one on the way.  We listen to him (his program) at 6 pm on TBS.

I'm wondering if Andy will be working 2 jobs.  Good for him to be recommended.  He'll make a good salesman, esp. when the girls come in!!

Wed. the 24th

Yesterday I had my teeth cleaned & then checked by Dr. Walters.  No problems but he said don't eat the unpopped kernals of corn.  He had had 3 people who had problems -- lost a filling or part of a tooth.  I said I like sweets more than popcorn.  He knows I'm 84 & said that can't be so bad when at 84 you have the teeth you have.  His Dad was born in 1920.

I'm watching aft. baseball.  Colorado at Milwaukee.

This A.M. I watched the History Channel -- the story of Pres. Roosevelt, esp. during World War II.  I learned about the happenings of that day -- ones I lived thru but didn't know much about.  I do remember seeing Pres. Roosevelt on a motor tour thru Spfld.  He was quite a man & his wife Eleanor was a woman before her time.  She would have loved to be living today with teh freedoms women have.

Thurs. nite

I was hoping to watch the Mets in Fla. but it is raining.  They're on a losing streak so I guess I won't miss much.

Bert gave Barb a dress to Barb but Barb didn't carer for it so she showed it to Kim & Kim loved it.  The Hospital Auxiliary has a summer event to raise money & Kim  & Lar will go to it.  They've been having it outside for a few years.  Tents, etc.  It will be at Bets Park this year. Kim wanted a new dress but didn't want to spend a lot of money, so she was really happy to get this.  Skirt, sleeveless top & a jacket.  Just what she wanted.  A jacket for when it cools off.

Gen called today.  She calls John's friends -- the boys.  The boys see that she takes her medication.  She wonders why she can't take it herself.  She can't remember.

Tonite I tried something different -- shrimp Creole.  I'm not that fond of shrimp but they like it. Tossed salad, garlic bread & chocolate cake for dessert.

The game is back on.  Off for 80 minutes & only in the 2nd inning.  The Mets just scored 3 runs.  Imagine that!!!

It finally warmed up today so I didn't need a sweater in the house.  We expect a cloudy & showery weekend.

I gave Lar & Kim money for their anniversary.  They can buy something they'd like or put it toward something.

All for this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment