Sunday, October 20, 2013

Friday, June 17, 2005


We've been watching the U.S. Open at Pinehurst Golf Course in N. Carolina.  It is a hard course with not many under par.  It's fun to watch.  A couple from our church & their son are there.  The son is carrying the names of certain players & the father has some volunteer job.  What a thrill.  Both father & son are good golfers.  Maybe you noticed Aaron's picture in our paper.  Sports section. 

It's been very cool today with showers & the sun alternating in making an appearance.  I'm baking tomorrow, dinner rolls, coffee cake & short cake to go with fresh strawberries.  Also plan to make jam as I used the last jar, or I should say the last jar is in the fridge.   I won't make jam for awhile.  Barb says she wants to pick berries to freeze & she'll pick some for me.

Dale was saying he was working on a truck & it smelled so strong with men's cologne he could hardly stand it.  He wondered if they poured it on themselves.

Kim's birthday party was very nice.  When I made a pie instead of cake, I arranged some strawberries on cool whip & put birthday candles on them so she had candles to blow out.

We went to CVS today to get my meds & then to the Mall.  I went into Big Lots & noticed they had "Anna's ginger cookies".  I got a pkg. of the ginger ones & 1 pkg. of the almond ginger cookies.  The regular Swedish thin wafer cooky & they are as good as the ones you gave me one Thanksgiving & they were cheaper.  Not in a tin.  I love them & hope to get more if they aren't sold out.  They taste so good with a cup of coffee.

Then I went to the Dollar Store & got toilet paper & kleenex.  Kim gets a lot of her paper goods & cleaning supplies there.

Kim is painting her kitchen.  She wants to get all her chores out of the way & then enjoy the summer.  She'll play in a women's league Tues. A.M.'s. 

Tonite I made tuna noodle casserole & Dale said it tasted pretty good.  Leftover strawberry pie for dessert.

What did the Pittsburgh Pirates do to deserve the present games.  3 at Yankee Stadium & now a weekend series in Boston.  They did have a couple of home runs in NYC.

Sheila said they enjoyed their cruise.  One interesting thing -- they had to sanitize their hands before going on board the ship & before going into restaurants.

Mon the 20th.  I'm enclosing a recipe from "Quick Cooking" (Greendale, Wi) for Brats & Beer muffins.  You could use some of your leftover brats.  I thought it looked interesting.  Recipe came from a lady in Texas.

Wed the 22nd.

I'm watching the Mets at Philly.  Just the 1st inning & no score.  We now can get Turner movies as of today.  What will be interesting.  And we also have the Discovery Health so I'll get my fill of hospital stories.

A cool spell came in today & it is really nice tonite.  I made a carrot cake this aft & it is so good.  I couldn't eat a whole cake in on aft!

Barb's garden is looking so good.  The flowers are blooming & healthy looking.  It was worth starting them from seed.

The Mets had a shaky 1st inning.  Phila had the bases loaded & no outs.  Thome was up & struck out & then the next one hit into a double play so I feel better now.  But Mets lost.

Thurs. pm the 23rd

I fixed chicken & rice for dinner, a favorite.  Yesterday it was cooler so I made a carrot cake.  This A.M. I made an apple pie.  Tomorrow the temps rise & more humidity -- no baking.  We've talked about going out to dinner & Kim said they like to go out Sun. evenings.  Barb said Nickel Inn would be nice & Kim said how about Sun nite.  So Sun. we'll go to Nickel Inn for a 6:30 reservation.  We like the ride going out thru Scandia. 

I noticed your temps were in the 90s.  Hot, hot, hot.  Suppose it will come our way.


No comments:

Post a Comment