Saturday, October 12, 2013

Wednesday, June 1, 2005


Can it be June already.  Soon your July party will be upon you.

We had a quiet Memorial Day.  When we got to church on Sun, we found out our pastor had had her baby on May 24th.  Early.  A boy.  Jason Andrew, weighing 5 lbs 3 oz.  It was suppose to be around the first of July.

Sun. Barb planted her veggie garden.  Put a wire fence around some veg. to keep the rabbits from eating the tender plants.  She also planted 4 pots with flowers by the garage.  She hasn't planted the pots beside the house yet.

On Mem Day she finished weeding around the house so it looks so nice & the lawn is coming along great.  In the aft. she washed the porch & chairs are out, ready for nice weather.  And it is finally here.

When I got my Maytag washer & dryer several years ago, I noticed a smell in the washer.  Some one sued the Co. & I had a letter about it & had to fill in a questionnaire (2 n's?) & yesterday I got a letter saying the Co. was at fault.  I got a paper saying I could get a new washer, top opening, & send the bill to the co.  In 6-8 wks I'd get my money or as much as they have to return.  I have til 07 to do it & I will look at washers & get one.  It saved some of the water & that must have caused the smell.  Lynn got one some time later & hers is OK.  It must have been one set of washers.  And they are Maytags.  But it was a new model.

Last Thurs, no Tues, I returned library books & got 4 more.  I read them over the holiday.  This week Tues Barb returned 3 I read & I can't remember the authors & titles.  The last one -- The Cove, an FBI series by Catherine Coulter was really enjoyable.  I'll look for more in that series.  How can people not like to read.

Your gardening sounds beautiful.  And you have such a nice shady back yard for your new hammock.  Would be fun to read there.  What veggies will Ed plant.  With Andy on the go so much, you're getting "broken in" to what it will be like when he's off to college.  Maybe he won't be so far so he can get home for a weekend once in awhile.  Lots of experience ahead for all of you.

It is Wed. A.M. so I'd better get busy.  It's Dale's early week.  After breakfast I made a banana bread as they were getting ripe.  It will go into the freezer for a future snack.  Mon. I set rolls & finished them on Tues.  This week Dale gets 2 rolls a day for his snack.  Lucky I'm able to do things.

Last nite I watched Boston beat Baltimore.  I root for Boston.

Barb didn't have to pick up Scott today, so on the spur of the moment we went to Jamestown.  I got 3 prs of undies & a tank top at Penneys & used the money card from Lar & Kim to pay for it.   Then Barb went to Wegmans & I went into KMart.  Stopped at Arby's & got 3 regular Arbys for supper.  Dale adds cheese, etc. to his.  Now (4:30 p,m) I'm enjoying a cup of coffee.  Barb was thirsty so she fixed herself a choc. milk with ice.

I have a 1:30 Dr. appt for a check up on Fri.  That would make it late if we went afterwards.  She got her groceries & that was the main thing.  They have organic things there.  Kim likes to shop there when she goes to Jmeatown.  She gets her hair cut in Jtown.

We're having stuffed pork chops Thurs nite.  Too bad we aren't closer so you all could be here.

Someone from Barb's class died but she doesn't remember him.  51 y ears old.  Susan Knopick died -- only 58.  He taught at Beaty.  They were divorced & she stayed in Warren.

We also checked out the washing machine & saw the one we would have to get.  And they come in the tan color but it won't match the dryer.  Lynn will also get a replacement so Barb will talk to her about it.  She was going to check on TV to see what the cost might be.  Will we get the full price, etc.

Fri.  I'm soon on the way to the Dr. & will mail my letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment