Friday, May 23, 2014

Wednesday, May 24, 2006


Yolanda, Mardi's mom, called today.  She heard from Mardi & wondered how you are doing.  I told her everything was fine -- she sends you her best wishes.

Dale was home at 5:30, early for him -- he loves his job so much.  Ha, ha!  After a little rest and is now cleaning his car. In the summer he doesn't want to eat til 8 pm.  So his dinner is in the fridge.  I was eating when he came home.  Barb went to Wegman's, after she was through with Scott.   She will take care of her meal, most likely a salad.  Dale will eat at 6 pm on Thurs. when Lar & Kim come.

We will have beautiful weather for Memorial Day weekend.  Finally it is warming up.  I can put a lighter blanket on my bed.  I've been using my elec. blanket thru the first part of May Y&^ the furnace has been coming on.  Now no more for awhile, I hope. 

Buffalo is one happy city because of their hockey team.  For people who can't get or afford tickets, they can watch the game in a big screen set up in one of the parks.  It will be a nice night to be outside.  They are charging 2.00 & the money goes to a charity, mostly likely a soup kitchen.

For 2 nites Barb took the flowering plants inside because we might have a freeze.  We didn't but she didn't ant to take a chance.

I'm enclosing 2 coupons you should be able to use.

I don't remember much about Mother's Day.  A couple stand out.  Once Dale gave me a miniature loving cup saying "World's Best Mother".  I still have it.  I think he got it for me because Jeff Y. was getting one for Sylvia.  Next was when you all were gone & Dad gave me a pretty silver necklace.  I mentioned I liked it but never tho't he'd get it for me, so I was surprised.

One of my favorite meals is meat balls or loaf, scalloped potatoes & green beans.  Dale also likes it.  He is pretty good to like most of my meals.  Once in awhile there are "duds", esp. if I try a new recipe.  Then I throw that recipe away -- it won't get used again.

The obit in today's paper listed Joanne Scordo, but didn't have a full obit.  I'm sure she was the phy ed teacher's wife.  You remember Mr. Scordo.

Had my teeth cleaned yesterday.  My dentist wasn't in so the gal checked my teeth & didn't see anything or such.  Dr. Walters is my dentist. 

I almost forgot -- Last week's subway series in NYC.  The Mets took 2 out of 3 & should have won all 3.  It was exciting.  Sun. nite I stayed up way past my bedtime.  I had to see if the Mets could hold their lead & they did.

Mon. Nite I watched N.Y. Yankees at Boston on ESPN & tonite is the 3rd game in the series on ESPN.  It seems like ESPN is the Yankees' personal TV station.  They seem to be shown all the time.  Maybe I'm just jealous.  I don't see the Mets that often.  I root for Boston.  Big surprise!!

Yesterday I called Larry & wished them a Happy Anniv. & said they'd get their card on Thurs. when they are here.  Torey is showing his age -- doesn't like to walk much anymore. 

Dale said starting in Aug, their checks from work will be direct deposit into their banks.  Some guys aren't happy with the move but I guess it is easier in the office.  It doesn't bother Dale.  He doesn't need his paycheck like married guys do.  Some guys, when they get their pay, spend the nite in the bars getting drunk.  I'd hate that if I were the wife.

We'll have some good meals over the holidays but not much going o.  Barb will ride her bike, & most likely Dale will start his sun tanning.

Patty Welsh Phillips gets married this coming Sat.  2pm at church.  I'm very happy for her -- he seems like a nice fellow.  Comes to church with her & works in the same office she does.  He must be divorced as he has a son.

John Wertz, a classmate of Barb's shot himself in front of his wife.  They lived next door to Betty Casey on Dartmouth St.  She said that caused a lot of excitement on her street.  Tough on the wife.

Fri A.M. the 26th

Just home from getting my hair done.  Hollertzs have to come to Wrrn, so they'll pick me up for lunch.  Later Barb & I will to go the Mall.

This is your busy weekend. Kim is busy also, hosts a bridal show3er for a friend's daughter on Sat.  Sun she is up early to play golf -- benefit the new bldg. for stray animals, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment