Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Wednesday, December 8, 2004


I'm getting a late start on my letter this week.  Just lazy, I guess.

Our tree & decorations are up & they look nice.  Gifts are under the tree.  We always get an early start so the birthday gifts go in the pkg.

Our cooky walk & soup & pie luncheon was a success.

On Sat. I always bake something for Dale's A.M. snack.   He has cereal & juice but prefers to have a mid A.M. snack.  He told me when I make the coffee cake I don't spread the center of sugar, cinnamon & nuts as near to the edge as I should.  So last Sat. I sprinkled it over the 1st half of the batter closer to the edge.  Then I spread the rest of hte batter over it.  He's so funny, in a nice way.


Today's paper tells us the lawyers arranged a settlement so Walmart will go ahead & build in N. Warren.  It could be opened before next Dec.

The waters are high again making it hard for the bridge builders.  Now it most likely won't be opened til June or July.  The Bank Bldg. & the hi rise apt. are looking really nice on the outside.

I'd better get dressed & get going.  More later.

My first Christmas cards are usually from Gene Hasselquist (Pastor in Gt. Falls when we were there) & JoAnna's folks.  It was this year.  Mine are ready to go but not mailed.  Maybe Fri.

I'm sitting & watching "Baby Story" on TV.  Why, because one of the characters in "As the World Turns" is having a baby in real life.  As I watched the soap I never realized she was pg.  Usually I can see it.  She just came back after 4 month leave.  This is the 3rd actress on A.T.W.T. to have her baby on "Baby Story".

Thurs. the 10th

I have towels in the washer.  My menu is planned so I'll add to this leetter.  Decided to make brownies & add ice cr., choc. sauce & topping for dessert.  Found a recipe I really like even tho I have a couple of brownie mixes on hand.  Like this recipe better.

The Erie mayor is in trouble.  He knew in advance that a race track wanted to come to Erie & he & 3 friends bought 4 properties close by knowing their value would increase.  The state atty general is looking into it.  The mayor also has had trouble with the city council & the city is having financial trouble.  But I guess that covers a lot of cities & states as well.


Maybe you have noticed that Warren's school population is going down, down, down.  This is the last  year Jefferson will be opened.  Wonder if it will stand empty.


Barb plans to go to Jamestown tomorrow but I'm not sure if I care to go.  Anything I need, I can get in Warren.

We have a new women's store in the old Kresge bldg.  We haven't been in there -- have heard things are pricey.

Our temps have been above average but it sounds like a change is coming this weekend.

More sunshine than usual.

Sometimes I wonder how I got meals for 6 everyday when I have a hard time planning for 3, sometimes only 2.  When I've made rice pudding, it was only for me.  This week Barb decided to try some & she loved it & will be making more.  She used a recipe of mine.  Times change.  Maybe I can get her to try bread pudding which they don't like.  I love it.

When I had frozen meals on hand, it was usually because Dad & I were going out & you kids were able to take care of yourselves.  The only frozen meal I like is lasagna.

Now I'm watching TV awhile before I retire.  I'm watching the Food Channel & enjoy it.  They just had a marinade for pork loin & it sounds good.

Tomorrow I get my hair trimmed.  It is getting long & then it's hard to handle.  Barb has been going without a head covering.  Her hair is short but it looks OK.  It's not coming in that fast.

Time for bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment