Monday, August 19, 2013

Sunday, February 27, 2005


You really had the flu, Paul.  It must be a harder strain of flu in Wi.  It has escaped us but I had a flu shot.

I'm watching golf & then comes racing from Calif.

Fri. Barb asked if I wanted to go to the library before we go to the Mall.  I said I'd like to cash a check for March expenses, which I did.  I also went to the library but it was a quick trip.  I got a book by Nora Roberts "Chesapeake Blue" and it was so good.  Got a book by Patricia Roberts.  It looked interesting but I couldn't get into it.

Fri. I fixed a ziti casserole & it was very good.  Sat I had a crockpot beef roast & it was tasty.  Today's I'm lazy -- we're having leftover ziti.

Barb loves the laptop & she is getting better acquainted in using it.  She said if for some reason Bert's relatives didn't like the idea of Bert giving it to Barb, she said she'd have to buy one for herself.  She is spending a lot of time using it.  She stayed up til 11:30 last nite & was up by 9 A.M. today.  Dale couldn't believe she was up & dressed so early.

It's a cold day but the sun is bright & the skies a beautiful blue.  A lull before snow flurries all week.  In fact a storm warning is for snow starting tonite thru Mon. nite.  But it's not as bad as Calif. has had it.  We expect it even if we get tired of snow.

Got my hair cut last Fri.  Don't like it when it gets too long on my neck.

Wed. Mar. 2

Guess what!  I'm watching spring training baseball.  Mets vs. Nationals.  What a good feeling to see baseball again & the new Met's lineup.  I think Willie Randolph will be a manager for the Mets.  The Mets lost.

Thurs. the 3rd

I didn't watch baseball today as it was the Yankees vs. the Pirates.  I didn't even check scores -- was too busy watching golf.  Perry Mason isn't on TV at 3 p,m EST anymore so there is nothing interesting on that hour.  Tomorrow the Braves will be on ESPN but I can't recall who they will play.  I'll watch that game.

Barb's treadmill arrives tomorrow.  She hopes they can get it in the basement OK.  I'm sure it is in a box & will need to be put together so it should fit in OK.

Dale said work has been the slowest in years.  Maybe when winter is over cars will need fixing.

Back to baseball.  They had 3 announcers & they spent more time talking together, I got disgusted & turned down the sound.  They did interview both managers.  I think Willie Randolph will be good.  He has more rules for them -- no facial hair for one.  I hope we'll see a different in their performances.  Less errors for one.

I see the temps are in the 60s in S. Dak.   That is what I'm waiting for -- warmer weather. Especially when I hear we are 20 below what temps should be.

I made meat loaf using ground turkey for supper.  Dale liked it & was surprised to hear it was turkey.

We are all fine here & I hope no one else got the flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment