Sunday, August 11, 2013

Monday, February 7, 2005


I'm sorry I didn't know about Andy's confirmation.  I'll send a card as soon as I can.  Don't have any on hand!

I recognized the liturgy right away.

Sheila thinks the house she grew up in is haunted.  They have a rocking archaic upstairs that will rock for no reason at all.  Someone who worked before her mother died (night shift) told them your house is haunted.  Since her mother died funny things have happened but she didn't say what.  Before her folks bo't the house someone committed suicide there.

I didn't watch the big game & we were sorry Phillie didn't win.  Barb \fixed chili & I made pot. salad & baked chicken thighs & legs in a B.B.cue sauce.  And pumpkin pie.  I watched poker on the travel channel & also watched Court Channel.  Cold Case Files, etc.

Dale noticed in the trash barrel, at work, a kitchen faucet.  The handy man at work put a new one in at one of the Shults homes & threw away the old one.  Dale claimed it & is fixing it up.  It's a real nice one.

We were lucky at church.  We have a new organist.  It all helps to get rid of the worry -- not mine but the pastor's worry.

The pastor announced yesterday that Rose Seeley is now in the nursing home on Water St. Her sister is there.  Rose has Alzheimer's.  It was quite a shock to me.

I like your kitchen chairs.  Your pictures are very interesting.


I don't know if you recall Anne Sears.  She lived next to Arlene Hornstrom on Glenwood. Had a daughter Kathy & one son Bob.  Her husband died last week.  We worked together at Beaty.  You might see the obit in the paper.

Larry stopped by last Sat. to show us his new truck, a Mitsubishi, and it is very nice.  One side of the truck folds down for easy loading or unloading.  It is a flat front & the front cab lifts up very easily to show the motor.  It has a high step into the cat & Lar has to lift Torey up to get into it.  Torey doesn't seem to like it.  Barb took a picture but when it will be developed is another thing.  Lar said he could take a picture & send it to you.  He's very pleased with his purchase.

Our Schwan man quit after an argument with the manager.  He couldn't take it anymore.  No job in sight.  And they have several vacancies so I'm not sure when we'll get their chicken today.  I got 2 boxes today.  It is such good chicken.  The mgr. also fired the asst. mgr. because he is in the hospital having had an operation.  I'm sure the man can fight that -- no reason for a firing.  Mostly I just bo't chicken but he thanked me for being a good customer.

I mailed Valentines yesterday -- to the boys, Ruth, Millie, Gen, a friend in Gt. Falls.  I didn't send a card to her this year or last as I didn't hear from her last y ear.  A letter in a Valentine.  She is apt to skip a year.

I got a card for Andy but it probably won't get mailed til Fri.  I miss the mailbox on 5th & Conewango.

Thurs. the 10th

Lynn & Barb were talking & somehow got to talking where they were born.  Lynn was surprised to hear Barb was born in Gt. Falls Mont.  She told Lynn you & Lar were born in Auburn, Wn. & Dale in Mont as well.  Guess she didn't realize ministers could move like that.  After the merger most pastors stay in one area.  The old Augustana Synod, you could go all over the U.S.

The new Bon Appetit had 2 good recipes I copied.  One for baked French toast that you make the nite before.  Good for Christmas breakfast.  The other an apple cake that is a little different than other recipes for apple cake I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment