Saturday, August 24, 2013

Saturday, March 5, 2005


Barb's treadmill was delivered yesterday.  They put it together so Dale didn't have that job.  It is a big one with parts to use the arms as well as walking.  It has a button you can press & it goes uphill like you're walking up a hill.  Tells how many calories you burn while walking. Barb loves it.  She is starting easy -- 1/2 hr. at a time.

Golf is so interesting.  At the final Sun. Mickelson will have Tiger as a partner.  Phil is -20, and Tiger is -19.  What a set up.  It will be interesting.

Alice Nasman (Wayne & Rick's mom) called me today to tell me she won't be in church tomorrow.  She hasn't been feeling well all week -- 24 hr. flu only it's longer.  She was watching golf & so was I.  Both of us root for Tiger.  Betty Casey isn't back to church either. Best to stay in with our winter months.  She's feeling better, tho.

With the commercials on TV today, my thumb gets a good workout muting them out.  And they are so long now.

Dale worked til noon today so I started baking early.  It was the week to make the coffee cake & then I planned to make a pie.  Pumpkin as it's so easy to do.  Then I decided to ask Dale what he'd like.  He said we've had pump. pie lately so how about apple.  So I made an apple pie.  It is tasty.

Dale did his income tax this aft.  Next Wed. Larry will do my state tax.  There are 4 more soccer sessions & then it will be back to Thurs. when they come.  Now Thurs seems like an extra day.

Frank, across the St, has a new agency trying to sell his house.  Hope it goes better this time.  It is probably priced too high.

Golf was exciting & Tiger won.  Then I switched & watched the final laps of  Busch car racing in Mexico City.  One of D.E.I. (Dale Earnhardt Inc.) cars won the race.

Our pastor announced today that she is expecting a baby.  She is very happy -- they were even thinking of adoption.  No need now.

Barb wasn't feeling good today -- headache. She is better tonite.

Mon. Mar. 7

This aft. I watched the Cubs vs. Texas & the Cubs won.  It was a good game.  Ruck Sutcliffe (apt to be wordy) & Gary Thorne announced the game.  Gary is a great announcers & today I didn't have to mute it.  Can't remember the 3rd man, but when Mike Piazza was an L.A. catcher Mike & this fellow were friends & had an apt. together.  I didn't realize this one was retired.  He was traded last year or so -- maybe to the Cubs but don't quote me.  I really don't' like the 3 man team.  Too many to "spout" off.  They trip over their tongues trying to beat the others in showing off how much they think they know.  The name above is Eric Karros.   Just saw it on TV.  Tues aft & I'm watching the Giants vs. Texas & the same announcers.

It's 12 outside.  And what's for supper.  Hamburgers & potato salad.  Sounds like a summertime meal.  But I didn't feel like macaroni & cheese & pot. salad sounded good to me.  We just got a dusting of snow.

Buffalo is having a terrible time with finances.  The 5 pm news keeps us informed.  I like the announcers so I watched WGRZ -- NBC in Buff.

Thurs. the 10th of Mar.

Your letter with "The Bookworm" arrived today & I noticed it was mailed Mar. 2.  Wonder why it took so long to arrive.

Last nite Kim told us about an incident at school.  A 9th grade girl was caught stealing.   They suspected her but couldn't prove it so they set up a camera & caught her.  Then the girl's locker room was next.  Rolls of toilet paper in the toilet & paper towels in the sink.  It happened twice.  So Kim spoke to the girls in that class & informed them from now on there would be an aid to watch them in the locker room.  And Kim said I know who is responsible & the girl looked at Kim & mouthed "bitch".  Kim took her to the office.  If she does this in 9th grade, what will happen when she is in 12th grade.  Maybe she won't make it.  She was suspended 5 days for the theft.  People are afraid of the family -- afraid of revenge.  T hat's what teachers put up with in Sheffield.

Kim & Larry got a new treadmills awhile ago.  Kim runs on it but Lar walks.  You can't run on Barb's.

I'm watching a program on Jay Leno's car collection.   They are redoing a 1966 Toronado  to make it over -- make it elite.  It's interesting.  He doesn't have children -- old cars are his babies & he has quite a collection.  At times there are old cars up for bid & it's amazing how expensive they can be.  Fun to watch.

Barb was glad to hear her camera is ready.  She wants to know how much she owes you, including postage.

Glad you're back to normal.  Have you caught up on your work.

I like the picture illustrations in your letters.

Glad you're feeling good again & that no one else was sick.  Nice you kept your germs to yourself!!!

One nite Dale said his throat was sore but nothing developed.  We were glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment