Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wednesday, March 30, 2005


Finally warmer weather is here with showers.

Easter Sun. was cloudy but no rain.  Lar & Kim came for dinner & we had turkey.  Kim said only 50 more days of school & then vacation.   Even the teachers count the days.

In your letter I appreciated seeing the picture of the new church in Two Rivers.  It looks like a nice church to worship in.

We got a catalogue Coldwater Creek from Idaho.  Barb ordered 3 items; they came yesterday & Barb is very disappointed in them.  She didn't like them at all & is returning them. And they aren't cheap article.  The 3 cost over $100.

Dale got a tamper to tamp down the ground that has heaved up due to winter weather.  He's ready to rake the lawn once it dries up. I'm glad he likes to work on the lawn & Barb on the flowers. It won't be long before we'll be looking for flowers.

Last week we returned & got more book for me & videos for Barb.  It got The Wyndham Legacy by Clouter (Catherine) & Texas Sunrise & Vegas Rich by Fern Michaels.  Enjoyed reading them.

That encounter at the library with Mr. Don Conway was a curious one.  Maybe he was "hungry" to talk with an adult after babysitting.  The name made me think of Donald Conaway, the son, but he lives in the Boston area.  And there is not "A" in Conway.  We have Conway's in Wrrn.  Just one of the interesting events in your life.

We're back to Thurs. when Lar & Kim come for dinner.  Soccer is over.  I'm glad because Thurs. always felt like it should be Fri.

Dale has something wrong with his nails & we have no dermatologist in Wrrn.  His Dr. found a Dr. who will take his insurance but he is in Meadville.  Dale has an A.M. appt. to see him in May . Some sort of an infection that won't go away.   He sees his regular Dr. next week. I'm sure glad he found a Dr. when he did & sees him regularly.

I wish we had a radio station that played music I could listen to.  They have "oldies" but they aren't old enough for me.  We have an hour of classical music Sun A.M. but it isn't the classical music I like.  Sounds like I don't know what I want!

I got spring & summer clothes from the attic.  Yesterday I washed & pressed them & found room for them in my closet.  They're ready to wear when the time comes.

Mar 31.  Arlene Hornstrom's birthday -- he's not doing too well.

I've been busy this A.M., that is for an old lady!  Cleaned the bathroom & have a load of towels in the dryer.  Then I made a dessert -- Boston cream pie.  Made the filling first & then the cake.  Didn't have a mix so I checked my recipes & found a good one.  Similar to a sponge cake -- nice & light -- & the filling is good.  It's still cooling so I haven't put it together yet.  It is one of my favorites.

I woke up early this A.M. & was thinking about this letter & something I wanted to write. Now I can't think of it.  Maybe it will come to me.  It came to me:

I finally saw my first robin this A.M. looking out the kitchen window.  Both Barb & Dale saw robins ahead of me.

Last Sun. Kim mentioned that Torey had worn down his back paw nails so they were bleeding.  She has some sox for him to wear.  In talking to her aunt last Sun. she mentioned Torey's nails & her aunt said they have glue-on nails for dogs.  Kim checked on the computer, found & ordered some to protect his paws.  They glue on just like the ones women use.  Isn't that something.  Wonder if they came yet.  We'll find out tonite.

They said we'd have rain today.  So far it hasn't arrived.

Just took a little nap & now it's time to get busy.  Can work & watch my soaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment