Monday, August 12, 2013

Tuesday, February 15, 2005


It is spring like today, but only for a day.  It is suppose to get colder with flurries.  Makes one think of spring.

This A.M. I had to have a blood test & I couldn't eat breakfast.  I don't go to the hosp. anymore.  It's done at the Dr. offices & I like that better.  Saw the Dr. last Fri. & all is well. My blood pressure was good.

Ed Africa is still in Warren.  Mrs. Gustafson, up the st., told me she had talked to him.  He doesn't know when he'll leave Warren.  He has to go to Nev. to renew the lease on his apt. He thinks he might stay here for another year.  Guess he has Warren in his blood.

Sheila's grandmother died so Sue did my hair last week. She was suppose to go to Pittsburgh last weekend with her husband to see his grandfather who is ailing.  She couldn't go as the funeral was that Sat.  Her grandmother was 93.  Her paternal grandmother.

I have a turkey breast for tomorrow when Lar & Kim come.  Celebrate a late Valentine's.  We had steaks last nite -- Barb and I at at 6 pm.  Dale didn't come home til 7 pm.  He was working on his car.  He tilled his own steak.

At noon today, he said some fellows might be laid off.  Not enough work to go around.

Remember Chris Johnson in your class -- her mother Ethel is in the Rouse Home & will be 90 on Sat.  The 2 girls will have a party for her.  I sent a card as I won't get there to wish her a Happy Birthday.

Wed. nite Feb 16

I'm relaxing a bit after all is cleaned up.  Our meal was delicious, if I say so myself.  I like a turkey roast -- it's easier to fix.  Tomorrow nite Dale & I will have leftovers & there will be turkey for sandwiches.  Kim had a cold & didn't feel that good.  Barb didn't feel good this A.M. but by aft. Barb felt better.  Scott had a book report for tomorrow and Barb had to help him with that.

We woke up to snow.  Dale said driving to work was bad as it began to freeze.  The roads hadn't been plowed or salted.  Kim said the same driving to Sheffield.  Dale was surprised they didn't delay school but the storm came on so fast they didn't realize the roads were that bad.

Bert has a lap computer & she told Barb she could take it home to use.  Barb plans to as she would like to learn more about it.

Barb wonders if you took her camera to be fixed.

No school next Mon. so we might go to Jamestown.  We'll leave bout 11 A.M. as Barb wants to go to Bert's first.  That will give me a chance to do some of my Mon. chores.  We'll eat lunch there.  My choice of eating place this time.

Thurs. the 17th

I'm sitting here, the TV is on to the Weather Channel & I'm trying to think of things to write about.  I you watch the weather channel you know what our weather is about.  Cold & snow flurries.

Buffalo is having problems -- not enough money & the people don't want a raise in sales taxes.  So a lot of people are being laid off, parks are closed & they think the libraries will be cut.  Some people think they need to cut people in gov't.  They checked & found that Buff. has a higher percentage of gov't workers than Chicago & Chicago has a much larger population.  Guess all cities are in the same situation.

Marisa didn't do well at all in high school but now she goes to Jamestown College & is doing very well.  She said it is so different than hi school  She likes school now.

It's early to bed tonite as I had trouble getting to sleep last nite.

All is well with us. With love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment