Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Saturday, March 17, 2005


I have a red circle around Apr. 1 to remind me to think of Ed on that day.  We're rooting for him.

The Mets were on the NYC channel & they look good.  I just hope it continues into the season.

Our paper has had very little on the Erie mayor -- we hear about it on Erie TV.  Interesting it reached your papers.

They finished the digging (gas) by our driveway.  The spot near Conaway's driveway is still a hole.

I finally used my paper shredder.  One drawer needed to be cleaned out.  It is lighter now.  I keep my charge receipts in a shoe box & cleaned out papers as far back as '01.  Got 5 grocery bags full of shredded paper.  Lar took it to use with garbage.  He came by with my state tax.  All I owed was $11.00  Got it sent in.  He also took our wrapped newspapers.

Sheila & I were talking about desserts while getting my hair done.  She said this is easy & good.  Cut choc. cake into cubes.  Make choc. pudding.  Ina trifle bowl layer cake, pudding, cool whip (in layers).  Sprinkle with Heath toffee bits to finish.  Could use other flavors as well.  When I was looking thru dessert recipes I found a similar one using brownies, pudding mix, cool whip, & Heath bar chips.  Plan to try it sometime.  Recipes used van. pudding & milk to mix & then added 1/4 c. cold coffee.  I'm getting tired of pies for dessert.

Back to the Mets.  Galarraga is trying to make the Mets lineup.  He came up with 2 terrific plays & got 2 hits, one a home run.  He's in his early 40's.

We've had a lovely day today but rain is suppose to come in tonite.  Won't be nice tomorrow, Palm Sun.

I called Schwan's yesterday for chicken.  They don't have anyone in Warren now but will see about getting some for me.  They could sent it in dry ice but I don't want to pay postage on it.


Sun. the 20th

I have a new racing "hero".  The bad thing he drives a Ford.  He won the Busch Race yesterday &^ the NASCAR race at Atlanta today.  Carl Edwards. Barb said it's because of the name "Carl".  He just looks like a nice guy.

I finally called Schwan's to find out if I can get chicken.  They don't' have Warren covered but will see what they can do.  I ordered 2 boxes of chicken & if I get it, I hope I can keep getting it.  We are spoiled because their chicken is so good.

[In margin.  repeat!!!!  I'm losing it!]

We had steak for supper.  I marinated it in a sauce from the gal on the Italian program  (Food Channel.)(It was very good.  Barb usually grills the steak but she didn't want to so I said it will be done on the grill inside.  She said it was good.  The best steak I've had for awhile.

I can't imagine Charles trying to use any kind of tools.  Wonder if he ever finished the job.

I like the picture of Roger.  He will be 71 in July.

Kim said she tired chicken in the crock pot using cr. chicken soup & they liked the results.

Betty Casey was back in church today.  But she is retaining water in her body so her ankles, legs, etc. are swollen.

Talked to Marie Mathis today.  She was riding in a bus that picks up the elderly to shop, see the Dr., etc & met a lady from the Crary Home.  Marie said she spoke highly of Larry & Torey.  Torey visits her every day & that helped to adjust to living there.


Tues. the 22nd.

I'm set to wash the kitchen floor but I have to wait for Barb to eat & leave.

The gas men don't do a good job on finishing off the hold they dug.  They don't tamp it down & it sinks down several inches.  Now they are filling it again.  Dale gets disgusted at their work.  At work Dale is doing a transmission job on a gas co. truck.  I'm sure they want a good job done on their truck & they'll get with Dale doing the job.  And that's not just a mother's bias.

I watched Nanny 911 on Fox & I can't believe there are families so out of control.  Have you ever watched it?  The husband, at first, spent more time with his carrier pigeons than his family.  All 5 slept in one bed plus the dog.  The middle boy was afraid of going to the bathroom in the house & went outside the house -- he was "watering the plants".


Thurs. the 24th

Last nite was the last Wed. Lar & Kim come for dinner.  Next week it's back to Thursdays.  No school today or Fri.  They were to have Wed. off but it turned out to be a snow day.  So Kim & 2 of her friends went to play Bingo at the Moose Club.  One friend is a member.

It snowed last nite but it won't last.  Rain is in the forecast for Easter Sun.

We're going to the Mall this aft.

Will enclose our library's newsletter so you can see what happens here.  The paper will tell you about the steel beams for the bridge.  Lots going on in "downtown" Warren.

Heard from Millie & she said Johnny went to Aruba for 5 days.  He had someone to care for Gen.

Nothing special going on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment