Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Saturday, September 12, 1998

Just had a coffee break & will start a letter.  Am also watching St. Louis/Houston & I'm rooting for Houston to win so they get home field thru out the play offs.  They did win.

Kim said her sister got a year old computer for 300.00.  Cost $2,000.00 originally.  The one who owned it works with her husband & gave them a good deal.  It has the internet & E Mail.  So she wants Lar & Kim to get the internet, etc. so they can E mail each other.  Kim has been thinking of it but has to wait til aft. Oct.  Too many bills & that is the last payment of the Camp.  Denny Johnson told Kim the internet is great for ideas for Psy. Ed (Gym) so she's had it on her mind.

Betsy Moran had a birthday this past week & Fri. nite Lar & Kim were invited to her birthday dinner at a restaurant in Jamestown -- can't rem at the Iron Stone.  (It finally came to me - the name.)  It was Betsy, her husband, her father-in-law, her mom & bro. Bob.  Mother-in-law died a couple of yrs. ago.

Barb is getting the porch finished.  Still has the floor, etc. to do.  Looks so nice.

Now it's 7:30 & the Braves are on.  Kim stopped by this aft. & that ended my writing.  Hope I can remember what I wanted to tell  you.

Betsy M. is married to a Jim Senger - he worked at United Refinery.  Kim said she & Lar aren't in their "League".  Jim gave Betsy a gold necklace & it's not a cheap on, Internet service, & a nice Santa that wasn't cheap.  One weekend in Nov. they - Jim & Betsy, Lar & Kim - plan to go to Toronto to see a show, shop, etc.  Kim was surprised when Lar said they'd go.  Leave Sat A.M. & return Sun. aft.


Dale's been working on the Blazer.  Got it cleaned up, etc.  Fred Blick will paint it - he'll have time to work it in between jobs.  Dale hopes to get it ready soon so it can be painted as Fred said it should stand for a month so it sets up.  Dale could still work on it when he gets it back from being painted.

Hatch Patch still has corn so we had corn for supper & it was delicious.  Corn & hamburgers.

Andy - Sammy S. has hit his 60th home run.  I'm still hoping he'll surpass 61 homers.  It's an exciting baseball season.

Almost forgot - Thanks for the calendar & congratulations to Eddie for his art work.  That is wonderful.  I remember working with you kids on vocabulary, esp. Dale.  I don't think you needed a lot of coaching, Paul.

Now it's Sun aft. & I'm watching Pittsburgh vs. Chicago & you know who I'm rooting for.

I tried to get the book you tho't I'd like but it was out.  I did try one of Russell Banks - "Hamilton Stark" but I can't get into it.  But I did enjoy "Pretend You Don't See Her" by Mary Higgins Clark & I really enjoyed that.  More my style.

The latest "Bud" ad on T.V. is a cute one I like to watch.  The one where the frog (I think it's a frog) says "I can't work in this environment", when the other creature won't stop "talking", or is it a burp?

Football is taking over letter wiring & I think I've hit all the highlights.

Sun 20th a week later.  This got pushed aside & never mailed.  So a p.s. & it will get mailed as Rose S's birthday is Tue.  She's having back problems & can't get out.


This weekend is an Augustana Synod doings at Chautauqua & Carole & Arland are there.  Carole called & they will stop Mon. aft. for awhile on their way to Pittsburgh's airport.  They rented a car.  Will be fun to see them.

Tomorrow Dale goes to Troy, N.Y. for a sessions on Tues.  When the class is over at 4 pm he drives to Rochester for a class on Wed. & will be home Wed nite.  1st class on computer for cars.  Can't remember the 2nd class.  He has to go to these classes so they can be a 5 star outfit.  A long ride.  Time for supper preparations.

No comments:

Post a Comment