Monday, November 28, 2011

Friday, February 12, 1999


Got your letter yesterday.  Glad to hear the boys are doing so good in school.  Would be fun to see Andy play basketball.


This past week we had a beef roast.  With the left over beef I made pasties & they turned out good.  Had rutabaga & potatoes & gravy.  But I didn't have 1 c. gravy as called for, but did have a little onion soup left from lunch & added it to the gravy & it worked out to be very tasty.  Recipe from "Quick Cooking".

The Conewango Country Club is golfing, etc.  The Conewango Club by the library is a men's club as I understand it.  They serve lunch & rent out the bldg. for parties, wedding receptions as does the Country Club.

Dad was up & sitting in a chair when I came down - one that he has a hard time getting out of.  So time out while I attend to him.

Dad is taken care of but not before he had a fall.  I was trying to get him in the wheelchair so he could eat breakfast.  He didn't like something & turned to hit me, lost balance & he went down hard on his rear.  Barb & I were able to get him up & he settled down.  I'm sure he will have a sore tail bone.

We got a card from our friends Ted & Pat Benson.  The end of Feb. they are flying to Portland, Ore. to visit their daughter & son-in-law.  In July they are taking a trip to Norway & Finland.  Next year they plan to see the Passion Play in Germany.  They are enjoying retirement.

Thurs. was a warm day & springlike.  Today it will turn cooler, snow & all that "nice stuff".  On our side of 3rd we have small piles of snow from shoveling (2 l's?).  The opposite side has no snow.  We don't get sun in the front of the house to melt it.

Barb bro't home Lynn's Penneys catalog so I could look it over.  The next day ours finally arrived, but I don't see much that appeals to me.  A couple of tops & slacks, pants or whatever.

At 6 A.M. the temp. was in the low 50's.  At 10 A.M. it is 39.  Some difference.  It is raining now but suppose to turn to snow by 1 pm.  (It came late A.M.  Maybe 2-3")

Found an old spring pink suit that fits me now, so I'll get it cleaned.  It's ages old.  Good to save some things. Bet my wedding dress would fit me now.

Don't you usually go away for the weekend over Martin Luther King's birthday or is it later.

I'm washing so must check the dryer.

Am enclosing a couple of articles about Buffalo.



No comments:

Post a Comment