Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday, September 7, 1998

It's a dark, dreary morning.  Rain is expected & then cooler weather for while I'm thankful.  Can start planning Fall meals.  6 AM temp 70, 9 AM temp 65.

I hope to mail Andy's pkg on Wed - to the library.

Kim is back to school.  She has a few complaints.  Her Health classes are large - 38 & 35 kids  8th graders who could care less & Denny Johnson only has 6 in his health class.  She said she's trying not to let things get to her.  Easier said than done.  I say the same concerning Dad & then something gets to me - patience, patience!

Last Mon. we went to the Mall & grocery shopping in the A.M. seeing Dale was here.  I got a basic, collarless blouse that could be worn under a suit for 5.99.  Pink.  Had been 18.00  At the shoe store, Herberts, I got a pair of navy flats as my present ones are getting shabby but still good for around the house.  Barb got a pair of walking shoes.

Dale has the El Camino about completed.  Seats in, doors & windows finished.  He put a new rug in it.  Looks nice.  It took longer so he hasn't got the Blazer here but hopes to today.

Yesterday Kim & Lar ended summer by having a group of friends over.  It was a nice day but very hot & humid.

Yesterday Barb went to Jamestown to do a few errands.  They are working on the road & she took a wrong turn & was lost for about an hour.  Followed the wrong detour sign.

Dale is a coffee drinker.  Between Dale & me, I make 3 pots a day.

Just folded sheets I'd washed.  Was going to say I make Dale's bed up clean on Mon. & he makes it the rest of the week.  But he fooled me and made it today so he'll have clean sheets on Tues.

Fall has arrived - lots of football Sun.  Pittsburgh won so Dale was happy; Barb was disappointed as Buffalo lost but it was close & exciting.  Watching the 1st part of the Steeler's game I wondered if they could win, but they improved.  Flutie did OK for Buff.  And you folks are happy - Green Bay won.  I was unhappy - Mets lost but they beat Maddux & Glavine in the first 2 games.

Dale plans to wax the El Camino & he hopes the weather clears up as he doesn't want to take it to the other garage in this "crappy" weather.

I've filled 2 pages of what happens here & we send our love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment