Friday, November 25, 2011

Saturday, January 23, 1999

Received your letter today.  Does JoAnna read your letters before they're mailed.  If not I'm going to quote from your letter.

"I still haven't told you about JoAnna's latest free-lancing & job hunting adventures.  She's doing as well as I expected.  It's not amazing to me how well regarded she is.  After all, she is my wife, my partner for the past 15 years, which includes our prenuptial era.  I'm so proud of her."

What a nice accolade.  I'm pleased you are so happy with your life & wife!

But you didn't write about her freelancing & job hunting adventures!

Yes, I think you have to lighten up with the boys.  After all you aren't a ranting & raving Pentecostal preacher!!!  I'm butting in - but don't hand out punishment your can't fulfill.  I'll mind my own business.

I remember once when I'd gotten the kids to bed.  Dad was out & I don't think you were home & Lar wanted me to come upstairs & I refused.  I've regretted that.

When Dale was little he once told me, in Sun. School class the teacher told them that lint from the dryer would be good to put out for the birds to build their nests.  I should have said let's get some lint & do that.  A missed opportunity.

Today Dale worked on the van.  He replaced something with the brakes & I can't remember what else.  Says it works goo.  We need new tires sometime in the near future.

Dad fell on Fri. A.M.  Today he said his tailbone hurts.  He must have bruised it.  I gave him some aspirin & that helps a bit.  I'm amazed he hasn't broken any bones.  Must be the milk he drinks - has all his life.

The snow is melting a bit.  Today they removed snow on 3rd to make parking easier for those who drive to & from home - their kids, that is.  We have a traffic jam on 3rd from 7:50 to 8:10.  Some are on their way to work.

Finally I got to the Mall on Fri. nite.  Barb got 2 tops.  I didn't see anything.  Then groceries.  Good to be out for a little while.

Nice you're getting a raise.  Just turned on TV to watch hockey.  N. Americans against Europeans.  My favorite announcers are on.  Gary Thorne & Bill Clement.  I'm sitting on a chair in the kitchen to watch.  That's why my writing is different.

Tues. the 26th.

A beautiful bouquet arrived from Ekey's today.  A spring bouquet and so beautiful.  Thanks so much.  It's not much of an anniversary.  I told Dad what day it was & I drew a blank. Heard from Millie but no one else.  maybe tomorrow.

Barb went to Jamestown today to get yard & other things she wanted.  I had a short list for her to get.  The sun has come out.

Hope to get this mailed tomorrow.

[Enclosures]

No comments:

Post a Comment