Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday, November 27, 1998


I have a turkey casserole in the oven for supper.  Remainder of Thanksgiving dinner.  Also cooked the bones for turkey soup tomorrow.  We were 6 for Thanks. dinner.  Barb left to be at Liz William's by 10 A.M.  Came home for a 4 pm dinner & left about 6:30.  They are to be home by 5 pm.  Liz & her mother.

Kim & Torey stopped by.  Mr. Carey called Larry & said you should take "your mom & Barb out to dinner".  And guess what - he would be a willing to sit with Dad while we're gone.  What a surprise & what a nice gesture.  I'm really touched.  That's what is nice - when one volunteers out of a clear blue sky.  Many say they'd like to help but mostly it's hot air.

Started to get Christmas decorations out.  Do it gradually.  Have Christmas cards addressed but that's all so far.  Have to be in the mood to write notes.

By the time you read this you'll have the Birthday Box.  Dec. is soon here.

Got your letter today.  They are always so interesting.  At least when you're busy the time goes fast.  But again you have to take a breather.  I take a lot of them & also coffee breaks.

The neighbor put up those icicle lights - many people have them.  We think we'd like to do that on the front of the house.  Barb saw one house that had them lite lighted & the bulbs were stars.  Said they looked so nice.  But I don't know where to get them.  *Couldn't remember how to spell "lit" & then it came to me.

Better set the table, etc.

Now it's Sat. aft the 28th.  Did some baking & now have turkey soup simmering for supper.

Am watching Penn State vs. Michigan State & Penn St. is playing like they should have against Wisc!!  44th quarter "we're" ahead 48-14.

We can't believe this weather - it's continuing into the 1st week of Dec.  Mon. I hope to walk overtown, cash a check for Dec. expenses & go into CVS & D&K.

Time out while I attended to Dad.  He slept most of the aft. & I wanted him awake so he'll sleep tonite.

I should soon have my gift shopping completed.  Kim gave me some ideas for Lar.  I'm more interested in Penn St. than a neat letter.  My mind goes ahead of my hand.

Liz Williams was later getting home so she (Barb) left before 6 pm.  Liz came by today with Barb's money.  Barb was upstairs & I just happened to see her approach the house so I answered the door.  She is very nice & easy to talk to.  Barb is disgusted with me as I mentioned that Barb wasn't too fond of dogs.  Now she thinks Liz wouldn't ask her to sit again.  It just came out - Barb is always saying she doesn't like dogs.  I was only telling the truth but sometimes you don't have to tell the truth.  Barb was upstairs with the door closed - as usual.  Life goes on.

Sun aft.

After church I fixed lunch for Dad & me.  Then I got ambitious & cleaned the fridge.  Now it looks nice but for how long.

I'm resting now & I'd like to make sugar cookies.  Make the dough & chill & bake them tonite if I feel like it or maybe on Mon.   Might start Danish - have to have snacks for Dale.  OK, I spoil him but I bet you'll do the same for Andy or Eddie.  Maybe not snacks but something.  You never stop being a parent.  At least "thems my thoughts".

The sun is finally showing itself so maybe we will see the 60s today.

Last nite I watched S.C. vs. Notre Dame.  Bills are on at 4 pm & the Skins Game at 3:30.  I enjoy golf on T.V. esp. the Skins.  Tom Lehman & Mark O'Meara are ahead of Greg Norman & Freddy _____.  Can't remember his last name.  Tom & Mark each have $150,000.  No cash yet for Greg & Freddy.

I'm just rambling so I'll quit.

John Hornstrom was in church today.   He's gained some weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment