Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Friday, February 19, 1999


Another Fri. A.M., the 19th.  Dad is still sleeping, so I'll start a letter.

Tues/ nite there was a horrible smell in the house.  A skunk must have been scared & let off his "perfume".  Something scared it - a cat or maybe the lite on the garage that comes on with movement.  It was bad.

Mon. nite Barb & I both got bargains at Penneys.  Barb has wanted a skirt to go with a sweater she has.  Looked & looked to no avail & we found what she wanted in a sales rack.  I found a 2 pc. outfit.  A knit skirt & top.  Aqua color.  Skirt a little long but I can take it up.


Got my order from Penney's & all fit fine.  So now I have something that fits!

Oh yes -- kiddingly I asked Barb if she had any dresses I could wear.  Her answer - "they wouldn't fit you."  Last week she caame up with 2 & one I like.  Andn it fits!!!

Mon. the 22nd I see the eye Dr.  My right eye is blurry - have a cataract starting so maybe it's "riper" now.  Edna had cataracts removed.  An easy process today.  Then Mar. 2 I see Dr. McNett for a check-up.

The weather shouldn't be too bad today so I'm going to try to walk over town & maybe browse thru D&K & go into CVS.


Dad sleeps more now & it's harder for him to get around.  Because of that I don't get to church as often as I like.  Last Sun. the pastor was gone & Roger T. preached & John Check had the liturgy.  They are both great.  Maybe too good allowing the pastor to take Sundays off.

So Roger Clemens is a Yankee.  I hope they don't have it this year.  Give someone else a chance.  At least Derek Jeter got some money from George!  More than he wanted to part with.  Also noticed Cal Ripken still wants to play but won't start every game.  Guess it's hard to retire.  I read an article & his wife doesn't like baseball & would rather have him home.  He's had a long career.

Dad fell twice this week.  One day after lunch.  One A.M. I came down & I always check to see if he's in bed.  Went into the bathroom & when I came out he was on the floor & I didn't hear any noise.  Dale got him up & back in bed & he didn't get up til 11:30 A.M.  I made noise but it didn't bother him.  Tried to wake him to no avail.

Ruth sent us pictures of Rachel's wedding.  Arland performed the service in her apt.  I wouldn't recognize Rachel.  Ruth said David's waiting for his S.S. numbers (or whatever) & then he can look for a job.  They are looking for a house & I guess they found one they like & have to wait to see if it goes thru, etc.  Barb thinks Rachel & Mim look more like sisters than mother & daughter.  As I understand it, they'll have a church wedding in Aug.  Another wedding to go to.  Ruth approves of David so he must be OK!


Spring training has started so I hope our spring weather won't be too far away.  Hoping to see robins soon.

Time for a 2nd cup of coffee.

I'm happy for JoAnna - tell me more about what JoAnna will be doing - what is expected of her in this job, etc.  Wonder what her former boss thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment