Sunday, November 27, 2011

Friday, February 5, 1999


It's 8:30 A.M. & all is quiet.  This is Dale's early week so I'm up, dressed & set to go.  Where - well I should cash a check for Feb. expenses so I plan to walk over town.  It is sunny so should warm up a bit.

You got 2 letters as I'm trying to write letters on Fri. & mail them Sat. when I get my hair done.  It doesn't always happen.

Early this A.M. - 3:15 I heard a noise & saw a light downstairs.  Dad was up sitting in a chair - 2 lamps on in the L room, back door & basement light on & in the bathroom.  Finally got him up, changed his Depend & got him back in bed.  But I just dozed so I'll probably take a nap this aft.


Been thinking of Cindy & the baby.  Be sure to keep me informed.

Already wrote notes to Millie & Gen.

Am watching the Weather Channel & one gal has a pretty yellow suit on.  Makes me think of spring.  We still have piles of snow in spots - the sun doesn't reach them - and it feels like spring but I know it's too early for W. Pa.

Noticed in the paper that the Mets fired Tim McCarver & hired Tom Seaver.  AND they will be on Ch. WPIX so we'll see some of their games.  Oh Happy Day!  What more could I ask for?

Signe called last Sun. but Carolyn & I talked.  Dad said a few words.  Carolyn said she'd be taking Paul back to college & would miss the wedding.  (Charles)  But maybe Jim would take Signe.  Hope you can make it.


In Buffalo there is talk about moving Children's Hospital & people are very upset about that.  I watch Buff. Ch. 2 news - it is the most investing.  NBC.

NASCAR racing starts Sun. & Dale is happy.  The book on Dale Earnhardt family came & it is so interesting.  Read it thru.  He is family oriented.  Followed in his father's footsteps & learned form him.  Father died at 44 of a heart attack & he still misses him.  Mother, 2 brothers & 2 sisters still in N. Carolina.


Aft. (PM)

I tried to get Dad up & he didn't want to so I let him sleep & went to cash a check.  So I have my cash for the month.  I got him up & he had "brunch", 2 meals in 2.  He was up awhile & now he's sleeping again.

Stopped at the library & got "Pictures of Perfection" by Reginald Hill.  Tried to get a book by Ian Rankin but couldn't find one & didn't have time to check.  In Buff. paper there was a good review of his books in general & the latest one "Black & Blue".  To quote - "There are no barrooms, no four letter words.  And when he romances the town librarian, there are no affecting descriptions of just who does what to whom.  They enjoyed their lovemaking 'he says', and that's all I'm going to tell you on the subject."  My kind of book - tame!

We got a letter today from Messiah Church Auburn inviting us to the 75th Anniversary May 1 & 2.  We can stay with Elfrieda Kennedy but it will be just a dream.  No way can we accept,m as nice as it would be to return to Auburn once again.  I'll have to write a letter.

Better bring to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment