Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Friday, February 26, 1999

Went over town this A.M. as it is a sunny day.  Cashed a check for Mar. expenses; got vitamin E at CVS & went into D&K, a favorite place to look around.

Last week I saw Dr. Keverline for my eyes.  And I do have a cataract & arranged to have it taken care of Mar. 16th.  He asked me if I'd lost weight & if I get hot - I said I've lost weight & I do get warm but mostly when I working & the house temp.l is at 72 - for Dad's sake.  Next Tues. the 2nd I was suppose to see Dr. McNett but now he won't be in the office but I can see the nurse - more than an RN - a Dr. asst. but I can't recall the title.  She is very nice.  Oh yes Dr. K. wonders if it's thyroid & gave me ma note to give Dr. McN.

Dad has fallen several times this past week.  Mostly because he is so ornery & won't listen.  Many times he tries to hit me & as a result falls - loses his balance.

Larry & Kim think I should talk to Mark Patterson & make arrangements for a funeral.  Many people do that today & it makes it easier at the time of death.  I don't see how Dad hangs on.  He eats so little & now he's sleeping more.  It's hard to feel bad as he has a way of making things so difficult.  I guess I'll have to remember the first 50 years & forget the rest when the time comes.

Tomorrow I get a permanent & I really need one.  Suppose to be in the mid 40s.

We are enjoying golf on T.V.  Really interesting this week as it is a one on one tournament.

I agree with what you said about the Yankees.  And L.A. spending all that money on a pitcher.  Of course my Mets did that on the catcher.  Time will tell.  It's not an equal situation for all the teams.

Talked to Gen this week & she said she, Edna & Linda (Millie's daughter) all have or had thyroid trouble & take medication.  I didn't know that.

Got a new lampshade & it matches one I got before.  They are lighter & make things brighter.

Morning are lighter at 6:30 A.M. & afternoons are lighter longer, almost to 6 pm.  Nice.  Thoughts of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment