Monday, November 21, 2011

Wednesday, January 6, 1999

Dale is off to work & I'm dressed.  Dad is still sleeping.  Just as well as it is cold.  5 at 6 A.M. but up to 12 now.

It was wonderful having you here.  Interesting to see how the boys have grown since the last visit.

We got the tree down on Sun. & all put away.  So things are back to normal again for another year.

Last nite I started to shorten 3 pr. of slacks I'd put away.  Now they fit so I can have slacks that aren't too roomy around the waist.

Mon. we went grocery shopping & to the Mall.  Didn't find any bargains.  

Bob Johanson called Barb last nite.  His father takes care of Scott in the mornings but it isn't working out.  So Barb said she'd help from 9-11:30.  Will take him to school.  She talked about getting a Nanny job but she realized it would be hard if she left.  I hope it's the right thing for her.  Naturally I'm glad she'll be here as I'd be lost without her.  It's not an easy situation.

Larry & Kim went cross country skiing during the holiday.  They go with Nancy & Jay & the dogs.  The dogs have run running.

Barb was disappointed that Buffalo lost but looks forward to a better year next season.  I hope Denver beats Miami.  I see Green Bay's coach is looking around.  If he leaves there will be another opening.  Many this year.

3 are going to Baseball's Hall of Fame.  Bet you're glad Yount made it.  He played for Milwaukee didn't he.

This is going to be a lazy day.  Cleaned downstairs on Mon.  Upstairs yesterday & did some baking.  Need to make dinner rolls.  Lar & Kim come for dinner on Thurs. & I'm making a casserole you make the day before & that salad you copied JoAnna.  Pretzel crust.  Only I'll cut it in half.

Need to write to Gen so I'll sign off with love to all.

Oh yes, our neighbor Dan N. has a snow blower & cleared our walk Sun.  It was a heavy snow.  Dale did the driveway.  Nice of him.  Frank across the st. used his snow blower & cleared the little house's walk as well as his.  Bonace cleared Carey's walk.  Lar did the 1/2 driveway.  Mr. Carey cleared 1/2 so he could get the car out to go to church.  Barb says I should make rolls for Dan as a thank you.  I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment