Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Monday, September 21, 1998


Got your letter today.  Thanks for the pictures of Andy.  He looks so good in his uniform.  I can picture him in a few years answering the telephone calls from the gals.


We enjoyed Carole and Arland's visit this aft.  Got all the news.

Guess it's serious with Rachel & her English boyfriend.  He's sent out resumes & has had a few nibbles.  But he must have a U.S. visa before they will hire him.  They are working on that.

Joyce & her husband are building a home in Cle Elum, Wash.  Their oldest daughter is to be married in Nov, I think Carole said.  The youngest one has a boyfriend, also.

None of Dad's sisters are too good except Ruth.

C. & A. attended the 150th anniversary of the former Augustana Church.  They bro't us a program & booklet about it.  Lots of former Augustana pastors there.  Would have been nice to be able to go.  They met Ruth & Russ Thelin who attended.

Suppose it will be awhile before you know how Ritalin will help Eddie.  Are there any side effects.  I liked his answer to the Dr.  The impulses are something he can't help.

Dad is in bed, Barb is ready for bed & Dale is in Troy.  Now that it gets dark early Dad is ready for bed early.  I'm watching Mon. nite football as well as trying to write a letter.

Were you able to take in a Milwaukee vs. St. Louis baseball game to see McGwire hit a home run.



It's suppose to cool off on Tues & I hope it's true.  It has been a bad time for me - perspiring.

Carole looked so nice.  Arland is getting a little tummy.  It's only a 2 hr. trip from Pittsburgh to Mpls.

Back to Andy's pictures - I'm glad you included the names as now I can put a name to a face - names of friends you mention.  Ross for one.

 Andy, Ross, Riley


I've hit a snag so I'll close for tonite & hope I don't forget to mail it.

Now it's Tues. nite.

Dad fell yesterday & Barb managed to get him up.  Again tonite he fell & I called for Lar but he wasn't home yet so Kim came over & got him up.  It scares him to fall.  He starts walking & then loses his balance & falls.

Kim was telling us she saw Karen Seeley Setili & she said Rick had a job offer in Toronto but she wouldn't leave Rose.  Rick works for the hospital now.  In computers.  He's a great guy.

It's nice that Andy & Eddie can stay along when you go out.  Of course the money is an encouragement.  And I used to sit for 50 cents, 7:30 - 10:30 or 11 pm.  Money went further or is it farther in those day.

 Now it's Wed.  I'll sign off & Walk to the mail box at 5th Ave.

Have a pumpkin cake in the oven.  Recipe from Women's Day.  Sounds good so I hope it tastes good.


No comments:

Post a Comment