Friday, November 11, 2011

Sunday, October 4, 1998

This has been a week of more lows than highs.  The high was :  I had a Dr. appt & he said my colesterol is fine, heart OK, blood pressure OK, so it was a good report.  Weight 145 lb.

Tues A.M. I awoke to a mess - Dad, of course, blanket, sheets, etc.  I had a bowl of water to clean him up & I dumped the dirty water into the toilet & forgot the soap was in the water & it plugged up the toilet.  So I had to use the plunger & it was successful.

Thurs. A.M. Dale woke me up - Dad wasn't in his bed & the back door was opened.  We found him in the garage - he must have tried to get in the car.  He was on the floor - no slippers, no robe.  We got him back in the house - Dale carried him in.  How he managed to unlock doors, open back garage door is beyond me.

Thurs. nite he was in the Lazy Boy chair & he wouldn't get out no matter how much I tried.  He said put a blanket over me & let me sleep here.  So what's what I did.  Toward morning he awoke & tried to get out of the chair.  He fell as well as the lamp.  So again Dale had to get him up.  He's just skin and bones but as dead weight is very heavy.

Now this A.M. I cam down & found him on the kitchen floor.  Must have lost his balance while trying to get a drink as a clean glass was there.  I tried to get him up & finally had to wake Dale up.  So that's my saga - lots of fun!

Dale is busy working on the Blazer.  Now he's welding to cover rust spots.  Cuts the part away, welds a new piece in.  He got a welder's helmet so he is protected.  He does a nice job.

It rained Sat the 3rd.  Kim was here having coffee with me & then Lar came over & he put the carpet on the back stairs.  Looks so nice.

Barb is working on the lattices & is soon finished.  There are 4 of them.  And she's started to take the paint off the porch floor.  It rained all day Sat so she couldn't paint.  It's still cloudy today & I want to walk to the mail box.  Need to get out of the house.

Lar bro't Dad a walker.  It was someone's at the Crary home - she fell & broke it & had to go to a nursing home.  Lar fixed it & bro't it over here.  He rescues stuff & so does Dale.  Dale took a vacuum cleaner from the trash bin at work, fixed it up & is using it to catch the dust when he is smoothing out his welding.

Kim wants to know if the boys have sleeping bags.  She was thinking of them for Christmas.

I want to know if Eddie would like a Walkman to listen to his tapes.  You mentioned he was using yours. I need ideas for the boys - clothes & otherwise.  We get our Christmas clubs the end of Oct. & I've also been saving a little each month for Christmas.  I don't get out that much so much time is needed to get thing bo't.  Catalog buying is best for me, or easiest.

Baseball play offs were a disappointment for me.  Was rooting for Houston & Chicago.  Was glad Cleveland won.  I'm sure it will be Atlanta vs. N.Y.

As long as I take things with a grain of salt all is well here.  Just have to spout off a bit.

Enjoyed hearing about Andy's new heartthrob - Kira.  Cute.  Poor Meagan.

[Enclosure]

No comments:

Post a Comment