Sunday, May 13, 2012

Monday, July 16, 2001

Dale just left for work, the paper boy is late delivering papers so I'll start a letter & drink my coffee.

Kim came over on Sat. to show us their new lease car.  Light gold color.  Very similar to their last car -- black leather sweats.  Kim likes to keep them covered when Torey rides with them but they don't stay in place so Kim will have to figure out something new.  She expects her sister & family from Fla. to visit the week of the 22nd.

We received another letter from church -- the week we're gone they will have 3 separate meetings (& hope the members will attend) to talk things out & have a question period.   During the question & answer period the pastor won't be present.  That should tell him something.

Sounds like Eddie is really keeping busy this summer & enjoying it.  He'll have a lot to tell if the teachers still ask about summer vacations.

We have ants coming in the back door so Dale takes his little vacuum cleaner to get rid of them & puts ant powder down. It was working for awhile but this A.M. he was vacuuming them out again.

On the front steps Barb has 6 pots of dahlias on each side & they are starting to bloom & are so pretty.  Different colors.

Last nite I watched the Seattle Mariners vs. Arizona.  Went to bed before the finish but the Mariners were ahead so I'm sure they won.  I'm still rooting for them to win it all.  Edgar Martinez is my favorite.  He's so cute.  He's the D.H.  Lou Pinella has settled down -- doesn't kick the bases around -- he's mellowed.  I like him U& would like to see him as the winning manager.

The Mets pitching is coming around & if the offense could start hitting maybe they could reach the 500 mark.

Guess I'll get dressed & start my Mon. chores.

Now it's 8 pm & I've been sitting on the porch & reading USA Today.  This aft. I walked over to Patterson Funeral Home.  Don't know if you remember Jamie Moore but he died suddenly & was only 39 years old.  I felt I should go as Alice & Jim Rapp are members of St. Paul & friends.  One sister Melody is Dale's age. It is so sad when death comes at an early age.  Jamie was married but divorced.  A teenage son & daughter.  His wife (former) was there & I spoke to her -- she remembered me.

When Kim was her today she said her sister & family won't be able to come next week as planned.  She's worked for years in a large (WalMart) store & is front end manager & they will be taking inventory so she must be there.  I think Kim has doubts if they'll even come.  School starts Aug 13 or 14th for them in Fla.

We go out to lunch this Wed -- the retired pastor's group.  This time we're going to the former Pittsfield Inn out of Youngsville.  Pat & Ted Benson will pick me up.  Pat says we3 should get together monthly.

I should write to Gen but when she doesn't write back I lose interest.  I bo't 21 cent stamps for postcards so I'll send cards to her & Millie.  Does the library have a picture of it on post cards.  That would be a nice one to send them. Or I can find a picture card of the State Capitol where JoAnna works.

I notice the lawns are drying out a bit so we could use some rain which is predicted for tomorrow.

Wed A.M.

Better get this finished & mailed.  Made a potato salad this A.M. for supper.  When I go out for lunch I never like to fix a meal so we'll have hamburgers, pot. salad, & fruit.

Time is going fast & soon we'll be on our way & you'll have a houseful for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment