Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sunday, August 12, 2001

Before I forget Barb found the camera in the car & I took it to be developed.

The weather finally broke & it is cooler but so far no rain for us & we really need it.
It was good to be back in church today & also be back on a schedule.

Last Thurs mid morning I got a call from Warren Hollertz asking if I wanted to go to Jamestown with them. I surprised them & said "yes". Usually on Thurs. Lar & Kim come for dinner, but that nite we were invited to camp for dinner.

Back to Hollertz -- we went to the Italian Fisherman in Lake Chautauqua, a place I've heard about but never ate there.  It was so nice & a good meal.  The we went to Tops grocery store for Swedish cheese "Bon Ost" because it is cheaper there.  Then we went to Ecloff's Swedish Bakery & they bot breads, coffee bread, & cookies.  I got a almond tart which I love & enjoyed it with coffee when I got home.  It was a nice outing. 

We met Kim's sister Debbie, Woody, Jessica & Eric & enjoying visiting with them.  During the summer this year, Jessica & Eric stayed home while the parents worked.  They stayed inside, as it get so hot & they're not allowed in their pool when parents aren't around.  So they don't get a lot of exercise & are quite chubby.  The kids would like to move north.  They really like to be with Lar (favorite uncle) & Kim.  Jay & Nancy (Dr. friends) & their 4 daughters & Nancy's Mom (you met her Barbara one Thanksgiving) were along.  The girls are growing up & are attractive.  Oldest girl starts college soon.  It was a nice evening -- good food, good conversation.

Fri. I went to the library after getting my hair done.  Got 4 books (not long books, i.e. many pages) & I've read 3 of them & started the 4th.  Ones I enjoy.  Went to the post office for stamps & to CVS for peanuts as they were 2/4.00.  Made choc. chip peanut butter & peanut cookies.  But it made a heavy bag to carry but I made it home.

It's nice to have it cooler so I made a coffee cake as well as the cookies.

Ray Forstrum preached today & he had an interesting point.  "If you feel apart from Christ, who moved/"  Or you could say the church.

Mim asked me what books I'd been reading.  She recommended a British author -- Fifield, but I couldn't find any books by that name.  Maybe I spelled it wrong.  Will have to look the name up.  I did fine a new author Patricia Hall -- the book "The Dead of Winter", a Yorkshire mystery.  It's starting out as one I'll like & will want to read more of her books.  Another one I love is M. C. Beaton & "Death of a Macho Man".  It was good.

Now it's Mon the 13th.  We went to KMart for some items I needed -- kleenex, dish soap, etc.

Got your letter & thanks for the pictures of Andy's team.  I remember some names & checked them out.  Dale didn't call for an eye appt. until today & couldn't get an early appt. for after 4 pm.  He got one for Fri 9:30 A.M. so he'll leave work & make up the time.  He plans to get glasses as well as contacts -- for emergency.  He will go to Jim Spangler -- get in there faster than the M.D.  Lar & Kim went to him & were satisfied.

Kim stopped by -- it was raining at their place but not over here.  The rain cloud must have been a small one.

I really enjoyed Patricia Hall's book & will look for more.  She is a newer author & I just happened to see it & picked it up.

Dale is washing his car.  He had a muffler put into his El Camino but it's still too loud so he ordered something over the Internet & they had it.  A place he's ordered from before & they send catalogues.

When we were leaving the Mall, Barb said is that money on the Mall road.  I looked & it was 1.00 so I got out & picked it up.  Gave to Barb as she saw it.

Our flowers are so nice -- People walking by comment on how pretty they are.

Not much more happening here.

Is Larry out of the hospital now?




No comments:

Post a Comment