Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Saturday, July 7, 2001


I'm on the porch with a cup of coffee & a freshly made roll & PB oatmeal c.c. cooky.  Have to sample my baking.  I'm awake early so I was up at 6 A.M., baked my rolls & cookies & made banana bread.  Then Barb & I went to the Mall, after I was showered & dressed & I returned a blouse at Bon Ton (didn't like how it looked ) & did a little shopping at KMart.  Now I'm taking the rest of the day off.  We are going to Nickel Inn tonite for Kim's birthday dinner.  It was put off when Lar got sick & they had plans for last weekend.

The store on rd & Conewango is now G.O.P headquarters & it is being remodeled.  Taken out the large window, filled in & now there are 4 smaller ones.  Entrance centers on 3rd & Conge--.  Improved the look of the bldg.

Careys put up a fence (long time ago) between their yard & the school yard.  A while ago they took it down.  Kim wanted it & Lar wouldn't ask for it.  So last Thurs. Kim did & Mr. Carey said "sure".  It's a picket fence & she wants to put it up by the greenhouse at the apt.  She's fixed up a little patio there.  But it entailed more work as Mr. C. had more stuff he wanted to get rid of & Kim's friend was having a garage sale today.  Yesterday aft. she was over & helped to assemble the stuff in their garage.  2 sewing machines, some exercise stuff & I don't know what else.  Kim said one of her friends would like a sewing machine.  They were here at 7:30 to put the stuff in Lar's truck.  I went over to give Lar a roll & cookies for a snack & I was in my nightie, housecoat & slippers.  Felt a little embarrassed but I wanted to finish my chores before a shower.  Kim said they have a lot more junk in the attic & I'm sure Lar will be called on to help get rid of it.

The Fall Penney's catalog came this week & I've been looking at it.  See a few things I might like but am in no hurry.  Seems like I remember you said you shopped at Target.  If it is possible, I'd love to go there.  Erie has one & Kim likes to shop there.  It seems like we go to the Mall & don't ever get to Target. 


Yesterday & today are so beautiful.  Blue skies, fluffy white clouds & clear air.  My kind of summer day, & I'm enjoying taking it easy.

Barb is watering her plants & Mr. Carey asked her what she used to feed her plants.   Miracle Gro is the answer.  He said they look great & they do.  On the steps, on each side of the rails, she has dahlias & they are starting to bloom & look so great.  In the back yard she has lupine & they are beautiful.

I better water my hanging basket so more later.

I made a blueberry pie & Lar said it was good, only Kim makes better pies!  I said that's fine -- the wife comes first now.  Anyway I'm including the recipe in case you like blueberries.

I'm watching "mute" TV.  Cleveland vs. St. Louis.  Will root for Cleveland.  Can't stand all the controversy of the All Star game, managers, choices, etc.

Sun. aft.

Just finished making a Turkey salad for supper.  Whenever turkey breast is on sale, I get one.  Last week was cool so we had turkey Thurs. nite.  Fri Barb wanted pizza so we didn't have left overs.  Last nite we went out.  Barb, Lar & I had fish fry as it is available on Fri & Sat.  It was delicious.  Golden crust & nice white meat & it was a huge piece.  Dale had big size Prime Rib & he couldn't eat it all so Torey got leftovers.  Kim had broccoli fettuccine.  Nickel Inn & it was crowded with many large groups.  To get back to the leftover turkey -- was trying to plan a weekly menu & decided to use the turkey in a salad & still have some for sandwiches for Mon. lunch.

Soon strawberries are at an end but Barb picked 2 qts yesterday.  She likes to make a strawberry smoothie & Dale likes them on ice cream. 


Kim said Mr. Carey had added more stuff to the collection.  Some went into a bag & sold very cheap.  Another bag & any leftovers went to the Salvation Army & it included moth eaten draperies.  She made about 50.00.

As soon as we got home last nite, about 9:20 pm, the TV went on as it was a nite Nascar race.  And Earnhardt Jr. wont it -- that was so nice as it was where his dad died.  I went to bed & didn't see the end which was a good deal.  It would be hard to get to sleep after all that emotion.

Rose Seeley is back at Warren Hosp. Transitional Care Unit.  I suppose for therapy & getting ready to go home.  She's had some tough times.

Saw this quote in the Buff. paper.  "I adore seafood, especially saltwater taffy."  Milton Berle.

Tues the 10th -- the day I clean my bedroom & the bathroom.  Now I'm cleaned up & ready to watch "Murder She Wrote" & will finish my letter.  It's a showery day but I hope to mail t his after 11 AM & also a card to Rose.

I have a 1000 pc. puzzle on the card table.  I'll ad a piece now & then while watching the All Star game in Seattle.  Watched the Home Run Derby last nite & was glad it was won by the N.L.  Hope they can win tonite.

No comments:

Post a Comment