Sunday, May 6, 2012

Saturday, June 16, 2001


It's been hot enough to turn on the AC.  Today the showers came & with it cooler weather.

Kim & her girl friends left Fri. for a weekend of golf in Sharon, Pa.  Sun. should be nice but I'm sure they've run into rain.

Interleague play.  It was a good game last nite but the Mets lost.  This aft. it's on Fox TV so I have the mute on & look up now & then to see what is going on .  Yankees ahead 2-0.  My "sob" story.

Guess what!  Barb was backing out of the driveway & didn't see the car parked directly across from our driveway & hit it.  Dents in both cars.  She called Erie Inc. & went for an estimate but we haven't heard yet.  I have 250.00 deductible she'll have to pay & I'm sure it will up the ins.  I didn't throw a fit 0-- what good would that do.

Bert is thinking of selling her home & going into a retirement home.  She wants Barb to take her to look around Jamestown & Chautauqua.  She's at Lynn's in the aft so Bert will have to wail til Fri.

Faye, across the st. had a floral sale this Fri. & Sat.  She makes beautiful floral arrangements.  After I had my hair done (Sheila had been there before work & told me about it) I went over.  Kim has a birthday on Thurs. & she collects bird houses, & I found a bird house decorated with ivy & a couple of birds.  Doesn't sound like much but it is very attractive.  Maybe I'll get a picture of it when she opens it.  I also got an arrangement for me.  She had some beautiful large arrangements.

Barb was talking to the neighbors Sally (ex. Conaways) & a friend told her, our house was for sale & she was interest.  Wrong house.  It's Carey's house.  Sally said she almost sold our house for us.  Interesting tho, maybe it will be easy to sell when the time comes.

Forgot to call Gen on her birthday.  Tired Thurs. nite but no answer & will try sometime this weekend.

Lar & Kim will come for dinner tomorrow.  Kim won't get home til 6 pm or so, & she won't have to think of getting a meal.

I'm watching more golf than baseball.


Later.

I fixed chicken for supper using a recipe from the latest Quick Cooking.  Brown chicken breasts on each side.  Mix 1 can chicken broc. soup with 1/4 c skim milk, 1 T. lemon juice, 1 1/2 t dried basil, lemon pepper (I just had pepper) & garlic powder - which I left out.  Mixed up recipes.  Pour over browned chicken, turn down heat, 10 min.  Served it with lemon linguine.  Poured a sauce of 3 T melted butter or oleo, 1 T lemon juice, 1 1/2 dried basil, 1/2 t. garlic powder (not for me), lemon pepper seasoning.  Toss with linguine & sprinkle 1/4 c. grated Parmesan.  I tho't it was very tasty.  Barb is making a salad & Dale will eat later.

Tomorrow I'm trying another new recipe.  Brown pork chops.  Make dressing from a 6 oz. pkg.  Grease a 9x14 pan. Pour in a can of apple pie filling with cinnamon (in the pan).  Top with porch chops.  Sprinkle stuffing over it.  Cover, bake at 350 for 30-35 min.  Remove cover & bake 10 more min.  An easier version of stuffed pork chops.

I wanted to make dinner rolls but wanted to bake them early A.M. before it got too hot.  So I decided on refrigerator rolls, chill overnite.  I made a smaller recipe, only 2 doz.  They were very good.

When we went to the mall on Fri. we noticed Hatch Patch had strawberries & I got a qt. & we'll have shortcake on Sun.  Their corn really started to grow during the hot humid weather.

Lar & Torey just stopped by.  He has to get a shower & then go to dinner at a friend's house.  Torey had to get his walk first.  So Torey got cheese, ice cream -- he was really looking for Kim.


Sun. nite, June 17

Kim had a wonderful golfing weekend.  I fixed the pork chops with apple pie filling & stuffing & it went over big.  Even Dale commented on them -- he liked it.  It smelled good while baking.

I suppose you are saying, "I suppose Mom is watching the Mets & Yankees on ESPN" and you'd be right.  They (Mets) need to get some runs from the Yankee pitcher who isn't that good but will they.  It's 1-1 now but it's only the 3rd inning.  Boston beat the Braves.  When I see that the Braves are losing, I don't feel so bad for the Mets.  Mon A.M.  I gave up too soon & missed the home run by Mike P. & the win.  What a nice surprise.  Went to bed after the 7th inning.

This is Dale's early week -- it's now 9:39 A.M. & my work is just about done.  Cleaned the bathroom today as tomorrow I see the Dr. at 11:15 A.M. & I don't want to have a lot to do tomorrow.  Am washing Dale's blankets.  One is on the line as well as his sheets & the 2nd one is being washed.

Wed. it's lunch with retired friends Bensons, Hollertzs, etc.  Ray Forstrums will pick me up.  e're going to a Pancake House beyond Port Allegheny - Portville I think it is.  Ted & Pat B. have been there.  T hurs. is Kim's birthday so it will be a busy week.  Kim doesn't eat desserts so I might make an angel food cake & have fresh strawberries for dessert.  Think we'll grill steaks & have potatoe salad. (The republican in me! Ha! Ha!)

Will bring this to an end.  Soon time for Murder She Wrote, coffee & I could dust downstairs.

I love all of you a lot!




No comments:

Post a Comment