Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Monday, September 3, 2001


We slept in a bit but we all are "laboring" some.  I made a coffee cake & banana bread as I had ripening bananas.  Just had a slice of banana bread with mid A.M. coffee.  Also did my usual Mon. load of clothes & changed Dale's bed.

Dale, the 2nd one up, went out to the garage to work on one of the cars.  The El Camino isn't turning out to his satisfaction so more changes are planned.

After Barb ate breakfast she went to work in the garden.

It has cooled off so yesterday I wore my new necklace, which I don't wear in hot weather.  It is so delicate & dainty.  I like it so much & when I wear it I think of all of you -- and in between, of course.

Was sorry to hear of Larry's setback but I hope this time the recovery will go faster.  It has been a merry-go-round for the relatives.

Last Fri. Barb & I went to the Bradford Mall, thinking there was a Penney's store there.  There wasn't but a salesperson suggested we go to Olean & we did.  Barb didn't find the pants she wanted so she ordered them from the catalogue.  She did find 2 tops on sale.  There was also a Bon Ton in Olean.  What surprised me the most was after 10 or so years I was able to remember the way.  We found both Malls without any trouble.  Not too bad d for an old lady!

The youngest Patterson daughter (undertaker) got married last Sat. & Kim & Lar were invited.  4 pm wedding & reception.  So Torey was over here with us.  Lar picked him up about 9:30 pm.

Last nite the lights went out for about a minute & came back on.  It was on long enough for Carey's alarm to come on.  We know Lar & Kim were at camp so we called & Lar told Dale how to turn it off.    We have the key & that saved Lar a trip.  The paper said there was electrical pole fire on the 300 block of Conewango.   8:20-9:15 it was fixed & it didn't affect our lights.  I was watching a series of "Murder She Wrote " on A&E.  Today they feature "Law & Order".

School started & Kim vows not to let the kids or things bother her.  The other Phy Ed teacher, after a couple of days, doesn't know if he's cut out for this.  You know how kids are trying the patience of a new teacher.

Last Sat. Dale went to Jamestown & said he might stop at Sam's Club so I asked him to pick up pecans for me.  Kim was here & she wanted pecans.  We got our pecans -- 2 lbs. for 9.00 -- & Dale also bought walnuts but he paid for them.  Also got himself a pr. of shorts on sale.

In Bradford they have a Big Lot store & the salesperson told us Warren is getting one & Barb noticed lights in the old Penney's store so maybe that is where they'll be.  Both Dale & Kim love to go there & find bargains.

Don't think I wrote this.  Ruth called me one afternoon.  Naturally, I thought it was bad news.  It wasn't.  She was working on the family history & wondered if we have one.  I know we have some of it so she sent me the completed history she has worked on.  It is very interesting.  More than what we've had, more detailed of the Nelson family.  So I wrote to thank her, answered Millie's letter & wrote to Gen.  So I did my good deed.  Plan to write to Darla but haven't had the inspiration yet!

I'm working on another 1000 pc. puzzle.  I've done it before but it's still a harder one.  If I don't have something to do I get bored, like Eddie says.  Then I want to snack -- if I'm busy I'll still snack but not as much or as often!

Tues. A.M.

My regular chores are done & I've showered & dressed.

Adam, next door, got or passed his driver's exam & has his license.  He had the car Sat. nite for a date.  Twelve o'clock came around & no Adam.  They -- Sally & Dan, went looking for him as today 16 yr. olds have to stop driving at midnite.  T hey knew the girlfriend's house & there were to be there.  He said he didn't know about the midnight deadline.  Now he has to be home by 11 pm.  Something you'll be experiencing a few years.


No comments:

Post a Comment