Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday, October 18, 1998

I went to the library & got books by 3 favorite authors.  "Death of a Snob" by M. C. Beaton.  Takes place in Scotland.  About a small time "copper" who always solves the case.  Finished it -- only 150 pages.  Now I'm reading "Small Town Girl" by LaVyrle Spenser & I enjoy her books a lot.  Next to read "Fat Tuesday" by Sandra Brown.

Read, & listened to the 1st World Series game.  Went to bed at 11 pm when I knew S. D. wouldn't win.

Our new organist is good but she isn't familiar with our liturgy but it will come.

I'm watching Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore & Pitts just fumbled.  Barb would watch Buffalo but they aren't on T.V.

Heard from Millie & she had her bottom teeth removed.  She already had false uppers but will get a new set so they will match.

Heard from Gen finally.  She enclosed a clipping about Merriam-Webster.

Dale has the car ready to take to Fred Blick for painting.  He did a wonderful job on the body work.  So nice & smooth.

Barb has the 1st coat of the pain on the porch after 2 coats of undercoat.  Soon finished.

It was really warm this A.M.  But I still wore a light coat to church - could have gone without it.  Such unusual weather for this time of the year.

Eddie's picture is so cute - looks like he is flirting with someone.

Thanks for the birthday cards.  The roses are still nice - have kept them watered.

Just got Dad's bed made up clean.  The third day in a row I've had to change his bed.

Dad received a card from Signe with $10.00.  Carolyn enclosed a note & she mentioned Signe's stroke.  We never heard she had a stroke.  So she can't write but can sign checks.  She recently had cataract surgery.  I have the start of one in one eye.  Guess there's nothing to it today - taking it off.

My book is calling so I'll sign off.  Have more letter to write but not now.

Mon A.M.

When at Penney's last Fri. nite, the lady ahead of me, at the cash register, was buying 2 pr. of jeans Andy likes & a sweater vest & it cost $113.00 for those 3 items.  I know Andy likes clothes so was wondering if I should get him a pr. of those jeans for Christmas.  If so I'll need size, etc.  I need a suggestion for something besides clothes.  A.S.A.P.!!!!

I told Barb I'd get a "live" Christmas tree if she'd decorate it, etc.  That didn't go over so good we we'll stick to the artificial tree with me decorating it.

Finished my book last nite.  It was so good.  One more to go.  Bad part is I just want to read & that isn't possible.  Am washing 3 loads & have beds to make up clean.  It's 9:30 & Dad hasn't eaten breakfast yet.  He is dressed but wasn't ready to eat.

Be on the lookout for a birthday pkg, Paul.  Have to get it ready for mailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment