Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday, January 12, 1999


I bot a roll of 32-cent stamps in Nov. but the post office is out of stamps - 1 cent - I'll have to get a few 33 cent stamps so I can mail letters.  What a paragraph!

I finally got to the bank & cashed a check for Jan. expenses.  Went into D&K & got glass plates like you got JoAnna.  Now I have to clean out a space for them.

We have a lot of snow & more keeps coming.  But at least it's winter.  But with bad roads I didn't get out for groceries on Fri. or Mon nites.  Barb went during the day.

In last Sun. Buffalo paper there was an article on the plain plates Kim talked about.  I tho't it will give you an idea of what to do.  The week ago Sun. paper had an article on Frank Lloyd Wright.  I meant to cut it out but forgot & then couldn't find the paper.  One enclosed is from last Sun.


Did I mention in my previous letter that Bob. J. called Barb & asked her to watch Scott 4 A.M.'s.  No Fri - Bob home.  She agreed so she has to be there at 9 AM & takes Scott to school at 12:20.  So she is up & out & I can start making noise - T.V. - cleaning, etc.

The pictures you sent of the boys are so good.  I like them a lot.


Barb was shoveling snow & so was Frank across the st.  He said this snow is heavier than cement.  The first snow was light.  Today it was heavy.  School opening had a 2 hour delay.

Carey's left this A.M. for Florida.  While they're gone Dale can park his car in their garage.


Now it's Fri. the 15th.

Dad is still sleeping. I wrote a note to enclose in Signe's birthday card.  Now I want to finish your letter so it can be mailed when Barb gets groceries.  Will have to get 33 stamps - no 1 cent stamps to add to my 76 32 cent stamps.  Get them by the roll.  I'll get them when the rush is over.


No school today - the 3rd day off with only one snow day so they won't get a day off in Mar. & won't get Easter Mon. off.  Because of past mild winters.  They should have known winter would come with a blast.  We have high piles of snow like in years past.  Aren't you glad you're not going to school in Buffalo now.  We   watch the Buff. channel - $2.  Good anchors, reporters, etc.  I wonder if we'll ever get Pittsburgh channels.

This is a mixed-up letter but at least you'll hear & know that all is well.  Dad woke me up at 2 A.M. this A.M. but I got him settled & I went back to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment