Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sunday, October 11, 1998

Dad thanks you for his birthday card.  I roasted a chicken for his birthday dinner, mashed pot. & the last of the yellow string beans from the garden.  A birthday cake from Bilows.  His old shower "conked out" so I got him a new one.  He had quite a lot of facial hair to get rid of.

At church we finally found an organist.  She will start next Sun.  The interim organist was very good but would only fill in until we found a permanent one.  She will be available for vacations.  She was good & knew the service.

The playoffs are very interesting.  San Diego is a real surprise.  Hope they win tonite & I'll be so H A P P Y.  Sony, Andy!

Thanks for the pictures of Andy.   I like that pose so much.  I showed it to Sheila (does my hair) & she thought it was good.  The complete uniform surprised her.


I got another pen as the above writing is light but this isn't much better.  Now it is.

Dale is doing such a good job on the rust spots & a few holes on the Blazer.  Tonite he had me feel how smooth the spots he finished are.  Like silk!  You'll be surprised how nice it looks when you see it.  By then it will have a paint job.

When will you be sure if you're coming for Christmas.  If we have to mail pkgs it will make a difference in our choices of gifts.

2 Mon. ago (by the time you read this) I'm sure there were a lot of disappointed people in your household as Green Bay got beat by Minn.  We watched some of the game.  I like the earlier stat for the East Coast.

Penney's has had some sales - today I ordered from the catalog & got 30% off.  I saw a short sleeve sweater I like so ordered it.

Carol Andersen from church sent Dad a nice plant for his birthday.  She moved back to Wrrn. after her husband died so you don't know her Paul.  Dad helped a lot in visiting her elderly parents when we were first here.  Carol has always thought a lot of Dad.  She is a year older than Dad - and has a great sense of humor & can keep on in stitches.  Hope I can keep the plant without the plants dying.  There are 4 different kinds of green leaf plants.  One is ivy.  Larry could probably tell me the names of the other.  I like it a lot.

Barb is still working on the porch but hopes to be finished this week.  Has the floor to paint & a couple of the lattices.  What a relief for her.  Lar & Dale plan to build new steps.  They have step sets you can get to make it easier.  We also want to get a new rug for the steps, etc.

The city will supply the cement for new sidewalks but you have to get the workers yourself.  Lar thinks we should do that - so may be next spring we'll look into that.  The paper said many have taken advantage of this.  Have you noticed the article, Paul.

Mon. A.M. - 6:30.

This is Dale's early week - 7-4 so I'm up early.  So I should get started on things early except Barb isn't an early rise so I don't like to make too much noise.  Dad is still sleeping altho he was up earlier.  Took off his p.j.'s & depend - he does that a lot & then tries to find clothes & starts upstairs after them.  His appetite has really improved.  He received many cards from people at church for his birthday.  Nice to be remembered.

Now it's Wed the 14th.

The doorbell rang this A.M. & it was Ekey's delivering a doz. beautiful red roses.  A first in our lives - red roses.  Thanks so much for the flowers.  What a nice thought.

Mon & Tues were beautiful.  Today it is rainy & cooler.  Suppose to be a nice weekend.

Barb plans to go to Jamestown this aft.  First she has to go for some groceries & Depends for Dad.  We didn't get to go Mon. nite, as we usually do.

This A.M. I made Danish rolls - & the house smells so good from the baking.

I'm having coffee now with Halloween corn candy - my favorite.  I like Brach's best & C.V.S. has them so I got a supply!  My comfort food.

Time to get back to my chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment