Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sunday, June 11, 2000

Yesterday Dale got the rug & pad down in his room.  He tried to rent a rug stretcher but it was out so he still has that to do.  It is a light gray & looks so nice.  Make the room look bigger.  W hen I put clean sheets on his bed tomorrow, I'll put the new bedspread on .  He'd like new curtains.

He is working on the garage window by Carey's.  Removing paint & will repaint it.

Mon. he leaves for Rochester for 3 days of school, returning Thurs around dinner time.

Last Wed. I went out to lunch with Betty Casey.  We rode the bus & went to the Mall & ate at Ponderosa.  It has been remodeled & is much nicer now.  We had the buffet.  We shopped a bit & took the bus home.

Yesterday, Sat, it reached the 90's & was HOT.  We turned on the A.C.  Not as bad today but humid & it's getting dark & showers are predicted.

I don't think I told you but our big storm a week ago was hard on Lar & Kim.  Lightning hit & ruined a T.V., 2 telephones, & their computer.  The new Phy Ed teacher suggested to Kim they go to Circuit City in Erie & check their computers.  T hey have insurance -- $250.00 deductible.

Kim' sister & family might come this summer.  They were planning to go to Fla. in July,but won't if her sister comes here.   Kim said they'll have to take a couple of weekends & get away.

I received a letter from Warren Luthgren, my cousin in charge of Aunt Esther's estate & 6 of us, 1 nephew & 5 nieces, each received a check for $1,256.30.  I put $1000.00 in the bank & it will go for the driveway project & I kept 256.00 for me.  I'd like a suit next fall.  I don't' know when the project will get started & your summer schedule sounds so busy so I don't know when you'll see it completed.  I was surprised when there was that much money left since she was in the nursing home so long.

Yesterday A.M. I was at the library a little after 9 A.M. to return books & get more.  Got one by Anne Perry:  Bedford Square - I like her novels.  Another one by Patricia Cornwell & a new author Luanne Rice:  Follow the Stars Home.  I didn't finish it.  Felt it took too long to get into the story & I lost interest.  I'm really on a reading binge!

Good for Eddie on his book report & that he did so well in 3rd grade.  Hard to believe Andy will go into 7th & Eddie 4th grade.  Time goes too fast.




Tues - June 13 - Gen's birthday.  I'll call her later.

This is my day to clean upstairs -- the bathroom & my room.  With the bedrooms looking so nice I decided to get rid of hte file cabinet in my room.  That meant going thru papers & throwing out some of it.  I found some letters hand written when you were in Mpls. & from U.B. so you'll have those to read plus other things.  Cards, pictures, & think you'll enjoy going thru someday.  I still have to dust my room -- it took quite awhile to go thru everything.  Kim was over for awhile & we had coffee & talked.  Tomorrow Lar & Kim are going to Erie to see about a computer.  Vacation day for Lar.  Torey will come over here to keep me company & vice versa.

Some time ago, I got a bedspread for Dale's bed for 20.00 but  it didn't look that good.

Last nite Barb & I went to the Mall.  Penney's had nothing we liked so we looked at Bon Ton & we found one & we think it looks good.  Dale is away but he should like it.  A nice contrast with the light walls & light gray rug.

Barb saw a set she liked so she got hers & they look nice -- a floral print.  Sheets too.  But she needed new valences & found some plain olive green & they look nice.  So the upstairs is in pretty good shape.

Tonite we went to Perkins for supper but it wasn't that good.

K Mart had paper shredders on sale & I got one & have plenty to shred.  Anything with credit numbers or S.S. number, etc.  I don't like to just throw away so I try to cut them up.  Now it will be easier.  Stuff from Dad to throw out.  Next I have to clean Dad's top drawer & get rid of more stuff.

Want to mail this tomorrow, Wed. so this is the end ofor rhis time.

Barb saw a set she liked so she got hers & they look nice

No comments:

Post a Comment