Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Friday, February 25, 2000


I finally called for a dentist appt. & saw Dr. Walters this aft. & Presto the hole is filled.  There wasn't much tooth left but he got it done.

I walked to the beauty shop this A.M. & it felt good to walk again.  Then I went to the post office for stamps; to the bank for next month's expenses & then to the new CVS.  It's a nice store.  Also walked to Dental Arts for my appt.  Nice to have clear sidewalks & warm weather.  We know it won't last but it's a good respite.  Wonder how March will come in.. Lion or lamb.

On Tues. Quality Mkts. give seniors a 6% discount.  Barb couldn't take me during the day so she suggested we go out to eat at Perkins & then go to Quality.  That's what we did & it was enjoyable.

Wed. nite was a 5 Star Banquet for the employees at Shults.  They are a 5 Star organization.  Dale had prime rib at Jackson Valley.  Happy hour first -- some were really drinking.  Afterwards some went out.  Randy S was designated driver & they didn't get home til 3:30 A.M.  Thankfully Dale was home between 9:30-10 pm.

It's none of our business but Barb & I wonder why if the boys get their homework done & done correctly, why couldn't they be rewarded with an hour or so of TV.

Do you remember Pam Valone -- you know the family & can't remember her married name.  2 daughters.  The  youngest has her pretty upset as she is going with a loser from Sheffield.  Kim has him in Health -- druggie, etc. Glad I'm going on 80.

Lar was over yesterday & trimmed the trees so they're even with the school fence.  He says they should fill in even more.  Imagine doing this in Feb.  We know it can't last but it's been wonderful.  Kim stopped by for a cup of coffee.

Was watching Nascar but now I've switched to golf.


Gen called last Tues. to say Aunt Esther died.  She was 100 last June but on life support.  But she was congested & no strength to fight it.  It must have been earlier.  I'm sure I wrote about it.  It  seems too familiar as I write.

Dale is getting his room ready for painting.  Put a lot of stuff in the attic.  The bedspread won't match the new rug too well -- brown against gray so I'll be on the lookout for a new one.  He's really gotten into it.

Finally wore my new dress today.  With the walks snow covered I prefer to wear pants.  The snow is all gone so I wore a dress & shoes -- not boots.  It's been springlike but we know it's still winter  But it's been a great break for us.  Just what we needed to spur us on.  Barb is thinking about planting seeds.  We'll look for some this week.

I need a change from puzzles & noticed in the paper a new author Teri Holbrook.  She is similar to P. D. James & Eliz. George & I enjoy their books.  On Fri. the library doesn't open til 10 AM & I'm thru with my hair appt. by 9:30 or so.  The new puzzles are so hard to match colors so it takes longer & I lose interest.  It's a week & I'm still not done.  Just sit & stare & find 1 or 2 that will fit.  But I finally finished it.

Now it's Monday, the 28th.

Dale chose the paint today.  An off white.  He'll paint the ceiling - he's patching holes now.  Figures he'll need to put on 2 coats.

Tried a couple of new meals lately.  Shrimp fettucini; & chicken & spaghetti.  Both went over well.  Recipes from my Quick Cooking magazine.  Nice to try something different, esp. when it is well received.


Did you notice in today's paper (Feb 29) "Warren Native sworn in as chief judge of S. Carolina Court".  First woman chief.  A classmate of yours.  Kaye G. Hearn.  Kathleen Wrenn Hearn, 11, held the Bible for her mother.  Could her last name have been Wrenn?  No one that name in the phone book.  She graduated in '68 also so you must know who she is.

Want to mail this when we go for groceries.  All is well here.

No comments:

Post a Comment