Saturday, December 17, 2011

Tuesday, June 22, 1999



We got the rug cleaned this aft. & it looks nice.  Good day for drying - low humidity.  Barb & I went to eat at Perkins.  Better than fixing a meal.

Susan Carey is home for a few days with her 13 mo. Sarah.  A cutie.  Susan said the one & only as she had a difficult pregnancy & delivery.

We still haven't sold the davenport.  Had 2 calls today.  One a fellow who said he'd come after work but maybe didn't stop when he saw the truck here already.  I said the rug cleaner would be here between 4-4:30 but she came at 3:20 so that messed things up.  I'd give it away just to get rid of it.

Kim plans to mow at camp tomorrow & Barb said she'd repay Lar for plants (lettuce, tom. etc.) by doing some weeding we so plan to go up there around 11 A.M. for 2-3 hours.  Will fix a bag lunch & I'll just sit on the deck & watch them work.  Lar plans to take the aft. off & they'll play golf later in the aft.  He takes vacation days.


I got a bill about paying a tax on the checking acct.  Balance & the C.D. we have.   But Kim thinks I shouldn't have to pay as they say it is an inheritance tax & she doesn't think it is.  So I'll have to see a lawyer & at the time I'll check into putting the house in Larry's name.  I'll see David Swanson as he was the lawyer when we got the house from the church.  I called but he is on vacation & won't be back until July 6.  He sets up his own appt. so the sec'y couldn't give me an appt.

We have about 6 Reader's Digest condensed books with 4 stories per book.  I started reading them & have enjoyed the stories.  Mary Higgins Clark, Dorothy Gilman, Michael Creighton, etc.

I'm set to get my hair done but it's not time.  Still couldn't sell the davenport so we'll have to move it aside as the new one comes today.  Many have called to no avail so I called Salvation Army but they won't be here 'til Thurs. the 1st of July.  Another month almost gone.

I've had the A.C. on a few times.  Larry set it for 77 & that is much better.  Doesn't run all the time & still is cool enough.

Barb has started the preliminary work on the walls in my room.  Will do it in sections as there isn't much extra space to move things.  First she washes the walls with a special solution; fills holes, etc. & then paint.
We're both anxious to see the color we chose.  Home & Garden T.V. has helped a lot with how to do it & new ideas.

More later after the sofa bed arrive.


Fri aft.

The couch or sofa bed arrived & we like it.  It will look nicer once the old one is out.  We put it (old one) against the fireplace until Thurs.  Kim was here & she liked it.

Then we went to the Mall for a few things.  Sales at Bon Ton but nothing took my eye.

Finally we had a brief rain storm & it's more humid now.  Have you had a chance to use your A.C.  Lawns here are really getting brown.

If I get this mailed, maybe you'll hear before you leave for Mpls.  Have a good time - it should be a nice time for the Nelson Bunch.  I'll be waiting to hear all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment