Monday, December 5, 2011

Friday, April 9, 1999

It's a rainy A.M. but the grass is getting greener.  I've a load in the washer & then towels to do.  Not as much washing now.

Tues. the big day.  Dale got me to the hosp. at 6:30.  At 8:30 I was in the operating room.  As I went in, one went out & as I went out, another went in.  Assembly line.  They took my medical history - only a D & C.  The nurse asked "to what do you attribute your good record."  I said "my genes!"  She put the I.V. into a vein in my hand.  Just a little prick.  I wasn't out & could feel nothing so the I.V. took care of that.  I only wanted water afterwards (no eating after midnite on Mon.)  I rested awhile.  Then was able to get dressed & was home by 10 A.M.

I was resting when there was a knock on the door.  It was Warren & Anna Hollertz wanting me to go out to lunch with them at the Peppermill.  They didn't realize this was surgery day.  We decided to eat here - I had pizza in the freezer & Warren went to McDonald's & picked up salad & blueberry muffins.  They were delicious.  The reason they came to Warren was Warren lost a tooth from his plate & wanted it fixed as Sat. they leave for Aruba for a week.  He called St. Mary's but they couldn't do it.  Warren Dental Arts could  We had a nice visit.

Wed. A.M. I had to see the Dr. so he could check it.  Pressure was good, etc.  I have a pair of prescription sun glasses & wore them around the house to shield my eye from the light.  We've had some sunny days.  Last nite I wore my regular glasses & it felt good.  It looks good to me & things are brighter & I can read better.  So all is well.

We celebrated Dale's birthday when Lar & Kim were here.  He decided a 33" waist would be more comfortable so I ordered the lighter blue jeans this time from Penney's to get the 36" length.  We'll have another birthday dinner on Sat. the actual date.  Steaks & baked potatoes.

I forgot to ask Kim if she'd heard from the lab report on her back.  She can't use regular shampoo to wash her hair for awhile.  She uses Dove.  She can't be too active with her arms either.  It was a 2 1/2 hour operation.

We had a card from Mim & Tom with $20.00 memorial to the library.  Betty Casey gave a memorial to the Cancer Assn.

Got your cards.  Kim wonders how you can write that tiny.  I was able able to read it easily .  Sounded like it was a great weekend.


Barb has had a cold but it is improving.

Lar has started his extra work.  Dale has raked the grass & even mowed the back yard as that grows fast.  He is anxious to get his Monte Carlo on the road again.



I'm not doing much this week but next week I should get back to my regular schedule.  I feel so good & am glad it is over with.

We enjoyed our dinner at the Limberlost last Sat.  Lar & Kim took us.  It is under new ownership and the food & atmosphere is just as good as in the past.  Good crowd there.

Next week we're thinking of going to Jamestown & want to have lunch at The Red Lobster.

Time to do some ironing.

No comments:

Post a Comment