Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday, June 18, 1999

We still have cool weather, in fact I turned on the furnace this A.M. to take off the chill.  42 at 6 A.M.

We put an ad in the paper to sell the davenport & love seat.  The first person wanted just the love seat so I sold it & that was a mistake.  Most callers wanted both.  So we still have the daenport but one lady offered 75.00 for it (100.00 otherwise) if no one wnated it.  The rugs will be cleaned on Tues. so I'll call her Mon (the lady) just to get rid of it.  Be clear for cleaning.

Just called now to have the sofa delivered next Fri. aft. from Kerr's.

We have the L.R. & D.R. rugs cleaned.  All will be nice.

Warren Hollertz called Tues. & wondered if I wanted to go out to eat with them.  T hey came around 5 & we drove to the Dam & ate at the Dockside Restaurant.  It was a nice outing.  They went to Florida in Jan. & charged $2,000.00; to Aruba & it meant another 2,000.00 on the charge card.   They had a great time but that's not for me.  Could never be in debt like that.  The difference in people.  In Aug. they'll drive to Mass. & again in Sept. & they offered to take me.  I might go in Sept. when it's cooler.  It would be 3 weeks in Aug. & that's too long for me.

Got the Fall-Winter Penneys catalog today & started dreaming.  Made a list of clothes I like - a dream list.  15% off if you order before July 13. 

Ruth called last week to see if I was going to the reunion.  She'll have a 2 bedroom place to stay & said I could stay with her but it's too far away for such a short time & I think I'm getting to be a "stay at home person".

Barb picked 8 qt. of strawberries & we've had strawberry shortcake & I made a batch of jam.  Andy should be here to eat strawberries.  They are so good.

Torey will be here Sat. aft. so he won't have to be alone when Lar works Sat. aft.  Kim left this A.M. for the golfing trip.  Cool but nice weekend.

Got mail from Register of Wills & they have a death tax on the bank acct. & C.D. we have so I have close to 500.00 to pay.  I don't like that tax.

We're watching golf on T.V.  A good one to watch.  Lots of big names.

Mon A.M.

Barb is cleaning in the kitchen so I'll stay out of her way.

Bon Ton had a sale & seeing we won't see the boys this summer, I found some sales & hope I got something that fits.  Will mail the pkg. this aft. so it gets on the way.  Andy likes clothes so it's easier to find things for him.  Hope Eddie's choices are OK.

Kim had a nice golfing weekend.  Played on a course the LGPA will play on later this year.  In Youngstown, Ohio.  12 of them.

We watched golf yesterday - it was an exciting finish & Payne Stewart won.  We were rooting for Michelson, who will soon be a father.

All is fine here.

No comments:

Post a Comment