Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Wednesday, April 14, 1999


I'll start a letter while I watch the Orioles at the Yankees. I've seen 3 Met games on WPIX.  Gary Thorn & Tom Seaver are the announcers.  Like old times.

I thought I had all my thank yous written & today I got another letter from church with memorials.

Mr. & Mrs. Marvin Gustafson.  20.00
Sheffield Area Hi School faculty.  20.00
Mrs. Bette Beyer.  10.00
Mr. & Mrs. Harry Johnson 10.00
Chris's folks - your class.
Mr. & Mrs. Howard Ford.  15.00
Hessel Valley Church.  50.00
Mr. & Mrs. Tim Passenger.  10.00

My eye is doing OK.  I see the Dr. next Tues, the 20th, so I'll find out then.  I started today with just 3 drops a day.  Next week 2, then 1 drop a day.  I do it myself & it isn't hard.

Walked over town this A.M. & did a few errands.  It was a lovely day for a walk.

Yesterday & today Barb worked outside tidying up a bit around the yard.

Dale received your birthday gift.  He likes the book a lot.  He says think you.  I don't know if he plans to write but you know Dale.  Not a writer.

My Dr. appt. is for 3:20 next Tues. so that means I'd have to start a meal late & seeing it is Barb's birthday, we plan to go out to eat.  Probably at Holiday Inn.

Kim has a busy weekend.  She is advisor for Student Council & Fri. she & officers go to a Student Council meeting - can't remember where.  Then Sat. nite the S. C. is sponsoring a dance at school & an overnite in the gym.  So Kim doesn't expect to get much sleep & won't get much done that weekend.

Kim said she & Lar would like to visit her sister in Fla - minus Torey.  They would fly & that would give them more time to do things & sightseeing would be easier without Torey.  One of the girls from the school works weekends at Crary's, waiting on tables, etc. & will have more hours during the summer.  Kim will ask her to stay at the apt. & care for Torey.  Mainly give him his long daily walks.  She would pay her.  Kim got her the job at the Crary Home & trusts her.  She is a senior & will go to college in the fall.  [She'll do it.]

More later.

Sat A.M.

I'm back to having my hair done Fri. at 9 A.M.  I like Sat. A.M. free but this letter might be late - it's a rainy weekend & it might not get mailed today.

This is Dale's Sat. A.M. free but he is going to work for Sam.  Sam's dog had a stroke & he doesn't want to leave him alone.  Did I mention Sam & his wife split.

Today is Millie's 85th birthday.  She left on Fri. to spend the weekend with Linda.

Last nite Benson's picked me up & we met Schaffers at Bucktail Inn, Marienville.  All along the way the camps were lit up & cars & campers parked as today is the first day of trout fishing.  It was a nice evening but the food didn't compare with Holiday Inn.

When we planned our dinner out on Barb's birthday I forgot it was Dale's Tues. to work late.  But seeing he is working for Sam, maybe Sam can work for him. Otherwise we'll go to Perkins, etc.

Pat B. will have a cataract removed next Tues. in St. Marys.  A good eye Dr. there.  He's from St. Marys but is in Ridgway 2 days a week so it will be in Ridgway.

Sales this weekend at Bon Ton & Penneys.  Started Fri & we were there on Fri.  Got a pair of summer slacks & a top at B.T.  Light purple (maybe medium) pants & a print knit top.  It's nice.  Got a couple of shirts at Penneys.  Poly/cotton so they are easy care & wear forever.  I've gotten a few things lately, so I'll have to stop shopping & just look!  Ha!Ha!

It's suppose to be "showery" until next Wed.  We need the rain but miss the sunshine.

Barb housecleaned the bathroom yesterday.  It shines.  I'll do some baking today, one load of wash, & some pressing.

My eye is coming along fine.

When you were here Eddie was saying "I love Chicago & can't wait to get there" so it doesn't surprise me that he said he wants to live there.

Oh yes I got a letter from a stranger from Tidioute - suppose to comfort me citing Bible verses, etc.  The clincher:  if you are troubled & in need of help I'm sure Jehovah Witness Kingdom Hall would be good for you!  What a joke.  I asked Sheila (from Tid. originally) about her - she's heard of the family & thinks she is young.  I thought so because of her handwriting.

By now I shouldn't have forgotten anything.  I'm sure the boys will never forget this trip to Chicago.  You saw a lot in a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment