Thursday, December 15, 2011

Saturday, June 12, 1999

The Little Tyke

I'm relaxing on the porch after a somewhat busy day.

Wed/ we went to Jamestown.  We stopped at Kerr's on the way in to look at sofa beds & price them.  They were on sale - we saw one we both liked & put $50.00 down on it.  We want to clean  & have the rugs shampooed first.  Shades of blue is all I can remember but it will go with our colors better than what we have.  T hey will hold it 'til we're ready.  They deliver to Wrrn. Tues & Fri.  What to do with what we have - probably call the Salvation Army.  Thurs. Barb started cleaning the L.R.  I helped some but since I'd been up since 6 A.M. & made pot. & chicken salads for supper I wasn't ready to clean.  Barb didn't get up til 9 A.M.

Today I cleaned 1 corner of the D.R.  Removed the contents of the china closet on the N. wall.  Dale moved it out and I washed the walls & ceiling, & polished the wainscoting & chine closet.  Got it moved back after vacuuming & got the dishes put back.  Barb had been weeding at the library & after lunch she continued cleaning in the D.R. around the windows & over to the other china closet.  We'll finish on Mon & I'll call to have the rugs cleaned.  If they can come before Fri. I'll call to have the sofa delivered, otherwise the next week.  I can't believe the3 D.R. walls.  You can definitely see the difference between the washed & unwashed walls.  The last time we really cleaned was 6 yrs ago when Dad's sisters were here for his 50th anniv of ordination.

In Jamestown we also bot a roll up shade for the porch windows.  Ivory color.  Dale put it up - looks nice.

Barb has been busy working on the garden, etc.  I think the property looks very nice with mulch, etc.

This A.M. Lar & Dale laid the blocks for the walk in the back of the house.  It looks so nice & much easier to carry the clothes basket to hang up clothes.  Dale also got blocks to extend around the curved line of the garden to the fence.  They are shaped to fit a curve.  Cost him about $180.00 for materials but it was "bugging him" so he improved the property.

Last nite Boston beat the Mets in 11 innings & I stayed up til the end.  Midnight.  Early to bed tonite.  this aft. the Mets won in a good game.  The new player from Hawaii - Benny - is really good as well as Roger Cedeno from L.A.  Bet they wish they had him back.  Leads in stolen bases & he hasn't been an every day player.  How can they not play Roger & Benny every day.  Bench Bonilla the 5 million player.  He's past it.  The other 2 make it exciting for the fans.  There is a lot of turmoil in the Mets.  Wonder if Bobby Valentine will last the season.  He's not my favorite.

It hit 89 today, 90 the past week, but it wasn't as humid today.  No rain tho & we really need it.  I hope the cool forecast for next week is correct so I can do some baking.

We'll celebrate Kim's birthday next Sun.  Fri, Sat, & part of Sun. a group of "girls" are going to the Pittsburgh area for a golfing outing.  2nd year.  They stay at a motel or hotel & they make all they golfing arrangements.  Different course Sat & Sun A.M.  Better golf courses this year - last yr. they were disappointed in the courses.  Be home for 6 pm dinner Sun. nite.

They are picking strawberries at Hatch Patch.  I bot a quart - they are so good.

Sun A.M.  Gen's birthday.  June 13.

I'm ready for church with time to spare so I'll finish this.

Heard from a friend from Auburn we exchange Christmas greetings with.  They sent a memorial of $20.00 for Dad so I wrote a letter of thanks.  Sat. I received a letter so I guess I'll keep the correspondence up.  Dad married them - young just out of high school.  They'll celebrate their 49th anniv. this year.  Big family 3 girls, at least 3 boys.  Originally from N. Dak.  Her dad is 92 & still living.  One bro. a Luth. pastor, retired now.  They're doing some remodeling to the kitchen & bath of their home.  They had 2 girls & now grandchildren graduating from college.  She mentioned another old member will be 90 yrs old the 17th.  Rosa Keller & they were so good to us.  Auburn was a great experience for our for a first call.  Many happy memories - you & Lar were born there.  I can remember you as a little tyke as if it were yesterday.  Your blond hair & red baseball cap.

Paul and the Beav
Actually, that's Jimmy, my first friend


[Enclosure]

No comments:

Post a Comment