Monday, December 19, 2011

Thursday, July 8, 1999


It's a great day & I'm taking a "time out" for a cup of coffee.  This is Dale's early week so I can get a lot done early.  My sheets & other wash are on the line; L.R. & D.R. dusted & vacuumed so I "earned" a rest.

My bedroom is a mess but my Mon. I should be able to put it back in order.  I told you Barb was painting in sections & she's about half done.  Is going to look so nice.  I like the blue & off white woodwork contrast.

The supper club article bro't back a lot of good memories.  It was so much fun to be at the lake & eat out a few nites.  Swansons were always ready to eat out & we enjoyed being with them.

Yesterday the 8th I went out to lunch with our pastor friends - Bensons, Hollertz & Forstrums.  We ate at Holiday Inn & they have a nice luncheon menu.  Warren & Anna picked me up.  We plan another luncheon Sept. 22 at Holiday Inn.  2 other large groups there & it wasn't rushed or the feeling you were holding the table too long.  We had the same tables we had when we went out to eat after Dad's funeral.

I called the lawyer & he had just gotten back from vacation & will return the call for an appt. date. 


Had 2 calls (too much to rubberneck outside, so excuse the mistakes) on the answering machine - both wondering about the sofa.  But it was too late.

Andy will be Mr. Congeniality (needed my Webster Speller for that word & still made a mess of it) & that is a wonderful asset in life.

Ted & Pat Benson leave next Mon. the 12th for a trip to Norway & Sweden.  I told Dale "our trip" was the new furnace & A.C. & we sure appreciated during the hot spell.  Sat. Sun. & Mon. nites we kept it on as the nite temps were in the 70's. 


Now you're busy getting ready for you big party.  Hope the weather cooperates.  Will JoAnna's folks be there to help.


Sounds like Eddie had a great week with the grandparents.  Will Andy spend a week with them or is his schedule too full.  The summer is passing too quickly.

Kim had her hair cut real short & I mean short.  She can't take hot weather.  Sun. aft. Kim &^ Lar played golf in 90 heat & the course was crowded so it was slow going.  They even rented a cart because of the heat.

What I miss the most is the husband & wife talks.  I find myself thinking I'll have to tell Carl that.  Stuff that's important between man & wife but not interesting to offspring.


Fri. P.S.

Didn't get this mailed this A.M.  Tomorrow I'll try to walk to the library & get some books.  Feel like a good novel would be nice.  On Fri. the library doesn't open til 10 A.M. & I'm finished with my hair appt. at 9:30.

Sheila said several ladies said to her Big K wants to build a new store - a large one & move out of the Mall.  One that will expand & add groceries.  Time will tell.

Did you notice the Roger Manning died.  When we first moved here they lived where Careys are now & he was your age.  Living in Canada & had a family.


The new shoe store at the Mall is opened & looks interesting.  Will examine more closely another time.  Similar to the one at the Lakewood Mall where Andy got his shoes in Mar.  Probably needed another pair already.

Barb said she'd paint Dale's room if he wants it cleaned up.  Then they'd all look nice.  He'd choose the color, etc.

We get Law & Order here at 2 & 7 pm but I just don't seem to be able to get into it.  I watch from 10-12 on A&E; Dale likes Simon & Simon that comes on at 12:00 so by 1 pm I've seen enough & head for the soaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment