Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Monday, June 7, 1999

It will be a hot day.  I just hung clothes outside.  This aft. we'll get groceries.  Tonite I'll go to LCW picnic & made a salad to bring.  An ice cream salad.  Dissolve jello & 1 c. hot water.  Add a pint of ice cream.  Melt.  Add fruit.  Easy & tasty.

If this heat keeps up I plan to have a salad supper on Thurs.  Chicken, broc, fruit, etc a variety.

June, July & Aug. church is at 9:30 A.M.  Nice before it gets too hot.

Our yard is really looking nice thanks to Barb & Dale who keep it up & of course Lar who did the landscaping. Mulch sets it off.  Too hot to sit on the front porch but the chairs are there.  We need to get a new blind to keep the sun out of the windows on the west side.  Hard to find.

I really enjoyed the Mets-Yankees game last nite.  Two streaks broken & to think it was the losing Mets who did it.  I'm sure Clemens & Jeter didn't expect that.

I could tell Andy was pleased with his double & they won as well.  Lots of games coming up.

Tues. A.M.  9:35.

I've got my big chores done for today.  Cleaned my room, hall, bathroom & stairs.  Dale takes care of his room & Barb takes care of her B.R. & the TV room.  I like to work early & then at 10 A.M.I get to watch Equalizer & Murder She Wrote at 11 A.M.  That, & do my 1000 pc. puzzle.  I'm also doing towels & a load of bathrm. rugs that have piled up.

Dale got the stones yesterday & Lar will bring another load of gravel for a foundation.  They dug around 6" deep, gravel & then the squares.  Should look nice.  Dale did it because "it was driving me nuts" when he mowed there.  The garden was enlarging & he didn't have room for the mower.

Haven't turned on the A.C. yet.  I keep the house closed up during the day & that helps.  I'm hot now but I've been working.

I can't believe you vacuumed the fam. room before you went to bed.  Did I raise you kids to be so fussy?  Barb has to have things just right in the garden - colors that blend.  If you don't buy all the mulch at one time, will it match - not be too light or too dark.  Dale likes to vacuum the stairs with the larger vacuum as the nap comes up better.  The hand vac is good enough for me at my age.  Too bad I didn't do better spiritually!

Hatch Patch advertised home grown strawberries in the A.M. paper.  When they open it for picking I hope to go.  Need to replenish my straw jam.

This is Barb's last day of caring for Scott & she works all day.  Plans to take Scott to Lar & Kim's camp this aft. as he has been asking.  He's not improving in his deportment.  Has picked up swear words & of course Lynn is very unhappy about that.

Almost 10 A.M.  Time to go

My bio is hand written & I need to reread it.

No comments:

Post a Comment