Friday, December 9, 2011

Saturday, May 1, 1999

I have something to write so I'll start a letter.  Barb said she would paint my bedroom.  We've talked about colors to match the one wall that has paper on it.  Them Barb said maybe you'd like to change the paper.  A thought that was in my mind.  But I would prefer painted walls rather than paper, & border on the top by the ceiling.  I decided to tackle the job of removing the paper which I started this A.M.  For some reason it comes off in 2 sections.  The top paper peels off easily & the glued part has to be moistened with DIF to make it easier & scraped but it comes off very easily.  I got all the print off & about 1/3 of the glued part.  Next Mon. I'll finish it.  At my age I take it easier!  I'd like to rearrange the furniture, if possible.  It's not a rush job.  Haven't chosen any colors yet.  Will have to choose the borders & get colors from that.  Don't want to change the blue draperies so maybe blues & rose.  Time will tell.

We had a nice time yesterday on our "trip" to Jamestown.  Oh yes, we sold the lift chair & that held us up so we didn't start til 12 pm.  Thurs. aft. I said to Barb if she wanted to take charge of selling the chair - ad, telephone, etc. she could have the money.  She called the ad in Thurs, was in the Fri A.M. paper.  Between 10:30-11 A.M. the telephone rang - someone was interested & said they'd be right over.  The chair was just what they wanted - larger as he is a big man - color & price.  They bot it & gave Barb a check for $250.00  I told her if I knew it would have been that easy, I would have done it.  But she's helping a lot with spring cleaning, etc. so it's fine.  First we went to Red Lobster & had a nice lunch.  I had broiled flounder & it was delicious.

We went to the Mall - looked.  I bot a purse at Bon Ton, some cards at Hallmark.  We had stopped at Brand Names & I got a cover for the porch glider.  We stopped at K Mart & Wegman's (groceries) & home by 3:30 p.m.  A nice outing.

Now it's Tues. after supper.  Dale is at the high school or Vo Tech taking an ASE test for work.  Last time he had to go to Oil City - now he can take it in Warren.  He has to have a test every 5 years to keep up.

This aft. I had an appt. with Dr. Keverline & was fitted with new glasses.  I chose a very light frame, a little different shape.  Like them a lot.  She said it takes about a week.  Their office is across from the hosp. so I hope they come in & at the same time I can get a blood test (for thyroid) at the same time.  See Dr. McNett Fri. the 14th in the aft.

Mon. we went into County Mkt & it was just about empty.  I got milk & a few other things.  Our last shopping trip there.  Be nice if another store would go in there.  Big K has increased their food area & you can pick up milk, etc. there.

Still working on the border in my room.  When it's on a painted wall it takes longer.  The wall behind the bed is plastered & has never been painted.  Nice & smooth.

Today the gal that assists Dr. Keverline couldn't believe my age.  She wouldn't have guessed that.

Fri. nite.

I'll bring this to a close and say think you for the beautiful basket of flowers that arrived this A.M.  So colorful & the roses in the bouquet are a lovely blush color.  I will enjoy their beauty.

Your letter arrived today.  I'm lazy.  The next letter will say more.

No comments:

Post a Comment