Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wednesday, April 21, 1999

I have to start writing letters earlier so I can mail it on the Fri. when I get my hair done.

Last nite Barb, Dale & I went to Holiday Inn for dinner to celebrate Barb's birthday.  We had a nice dinner.  It is such a nice place for a special dinner.   I can't get rid of nice.

Thur. when Lar & Kim come we'll have another birthday dinner.  Roast chicken & a white birthday cake.  Barb's choices.

Saw the Dr. yesterday & my eye is healing nicely.  I see him again in 2 weeks & then I'll be getting new glasses.  Getting the prescription or whatever it is called.  Then have it filled.

I got a letter from the Pension & I needed to have a paper notarized.  There is one on Jackson so I could walk over & have it done.  Also asked about having the car ownership put in my name.  She wasn't sure if she needed a death certificate - would check into it & then call me, so I can get it done.  I called the Northwestern Mutual in Jamestown to get the beneficiary changed on my insurance policy.  They never sent a form so I'll have to call& ask for another one.  Next - call a lawyer about the house - putting it in Larry's name.

Isn't it awful about the doings in Littleton, Col.  It is so sad.  Those young people will never forget this.

I've been doing some sale shopping, got a couple of summer weight slacks & some  tops.  This weekend both Penney's & Bon Ton are having sales again.

County Market is going to close & there are rumors some other grocery store will go in.  Hope so.  It's getting empty.

We've had a lot of cold & rainy weather.  Hope it soon warms up.  Dale says the grass needs mowing.  Things are getting greener.

Barb bought some seeds & Lar will start them in the greenhouse at work.  She planted some perennial flowers last year & they are coming up & look good.

This A.M. I washed the kitchen floor after 2 weeks.  Couldn't stand it any longer.  I don't have to wear the eye shield during the night anymore.  What a relief.  So I decided I could get back to a more regular work schedule.  Even vacuumed the rugs.  I'll still let Dale do the garbage for awhile.

Tues. was Dale's late nite to work but he worked for Sam last Sat. as Sam's dog had a stroke  didn't want to leave him alone.  So Sam worked last nite for Dale so he could be with us.

This weekend Lar & Kim go to a friend's wedding at Columbus, Ohio.  They'll leave early Sat A.M. - 2 P.M. wedding - 5 hr. drive.  Stay overnite & return Sun.  They'll come for supper as it will be such a busy time & then we can hear about the wedding.

Did you see Lar's picture in the paper today the 21st.  He celebrated 25 years at Crary's & they had a dinner & presented him with a clock (you can see it in the paper) & a check for $500.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment